Favorite Penguin Tournament (Lemieux Era-Current) Rd. 1 Pt. 2/2 - CLOSED

Vote for your favourite player in each pairing (not necessarily the best)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I populated the bracket by Hockey References' Point Shares from the 1984/85 season (Lemieux debut) to the current season. Kind of a rough estimate of impact on the team in these years.

povl78j7.svg

Prairie Oyster

Feb 24, 2015
Ew, Quinn vs. Neal. Can I not vote in that one?

We have repressed Melichar and Rozsival from our collective memory yet these two still make it in.

It's good to see Barrasso losing.

Hedberg/Gonchar was a tough pick. Moose brought us happiness during a dark time.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hardest one for me was Rust Mullen. Took Rust.

Hardest vote. Went with Mullen. He's just got more consistency at a high level. PPG over 16 years....even was decent on Pens despite well into twilight years.

Reactions: Andy99

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Joe Mullen over Rust. He's one of my all-time favorites. He's a much better finisher than Rust. He could flat out snipe corners as well as anyone.

Stevens over Tocchet . Every player to a man has said that Stevens was the heart and soul of those teams.

I gotta be honest. Rob Brown and TFK is a difficult one. Went with Brown. Higher goal production and much more antagonizing to opponents. Plus, he had a better mullet and superior goal celebrations.

Reactions: Andy99

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
My sister-in-law bought her husband a finished Nedved (Diagonal Pittsburgh) jersey for Christmas, and that spring would be the last season he played for the Pens. His holdout was like a kick in the nuts. He would never play with the caliber of line mates he had with the Pens, and he eventually lost more money than had he just accepted Pittsburgh's offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad