Favorite Oiler player and why?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Can't decide between Hall and Yakupov.

Hall is a juggernaut. He is all determination, desire, and skill. Kid is a major winner. Yakupov is such a fun guy, love his enthusiasm, and personality. Not to mention he can snipe with the best of 'em.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hall pretty easily for me. After that though its a toss up between the rest of the big 5. Bought a Hall jersey in his rookie season with the Oil right when he said he would wear #4. I love the way Hall pushses the play and how he creates scoring chances like none other. His speed is elite and his determination and heart will never be in question. The guy is amazing and the future C and leader of the team.

Comic Book Guy*

Sam Gagner

- classy
- honest
- hard-working
- heart
- soul
- consummate teammate

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
Eberle. Except for part of last year where his play was not better than the year he had over 70 pts. He has not only great moves but he does it with such speed and fluidity. He has patience and creativeness with the puck. His hands matches his speed and scores effortlessly. Did I mentioned that he scores clutch goals as well...

surshot*

I have a fab five with Hall ahead by a nose hair.

1.Hall 2.Hopkins 3.Yakupov 4.Schultz 5.Eberle

This ranking is going to be very fluid and change on a nightly basis depending on performance. One thing I am 100% sure on when we win the cup all five well play huge roles on that team barring a trade or career ending injury. Oil fans should be jumping with joy for whats about to take place for the good ole Oilers in the near future. And we deserve it after all the bs we have had to put up with in the past.

surshot*

Sam Gagner

- classy
- honest
- hard-working
- heart
- soul
- consummate teammate

All true and I approve of this message. Hopefully HFoil can keep this thread about favorite players and not another insult Gagner thread. Its getting so tiresome.

YoSoGordo

Mar 4, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not going with the typical answers of the fab 5 so Smid. The guys is tough, a leader, and would get in the way of a semi truck just to stop a goal.

The Perfect Human*

RNH - least overrated of our top-5, and holds the highest offensive and defensive potential of our forwards. Not currently the best, but if this team is going to be a contender he's going to become our best player.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Nugent-Hopkins for me. I think the biggest reason is that he's the #1 center we have been missing since the '06 Horcoff.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Sam Gagner, because his arrival was roughly the same time i became able to watch Oilers games regularly. also i love the big heart within that small body, he's a warrior.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Mine is Nuge, by far. Just love the way he plays. You can just tell how good he is by watching one period. Fab five is obviously the top 5, any order behind Nuge. Hope he has a speedy recovery and can be ready to go in less than two months.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Jordan Eberle - Mostly because of his WJC heroics, the 34 goal-76 point season put the icing on the cake for me :handclap:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Being from Red Deer it has been a treat watching this guy's development. He will probably overtake Ebs when his play picks up

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Had a top 3. Paajarvi is now gone, but he was No.3. Smid moves into the third spot.

For me, the clear top 2 favorites are:

TAYLOR HALL

Captain material, speedy, can do it all, our best player since the 90s

NAIL YAKUPOV

Has the spirit of young Alex Ovechkin, is super excited to be at the rink every day, has a great shot, and that celebration....the kid is talented and hilarious

I am Lorde

Feb 20, 2013
Eberle

Love the guys attitude and the way he passes off credit and tries to dodge questions about his latest heroics. He always talks about the team.

Starting to become a Ference fan since the trade (mostly because of twitter). He seems like a fitness freak.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Ryan Smyth
Probably an unpopular answer but he has been my favorite player for a long time. I know he is at the end of his career and can be frustrating now, but he is still my favorite

Always put the most into the game, was always there for the fans, and genuinely loves Edmonton.

Besides Smyth, my favorites would be Eberle, Smid, and Yakupov

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
RNH - least overrated of our top-5, and holds the highest offensive and defensive potential of our forwards. Not currently the best, but if this team is going to be a contender he's going to become our best player.

This is the best example I could find so far.

I don't think I (and we're) allowed to have "favourite" players, isn't the idea the players we despise slightly less than others?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad