Favorite Hawks and non Hawks player?

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Since I am a new poster, I'd thought posting a thread that gets to know some of you guys would be fun. So just respond with your favorite current blackhawks player, and then your favorite NHL player on a different team...Feel free to expand and explain why if you want.

Blackhawks: Patrick Kane. I love a lot of guys on this team, but it will always be Kane for me.

NHL: Not really an interesting one, but Sidney Crosby. I just love watching the guy play. A generational talent.

Dustin Byfuglien would be next for me ;)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Toews for his leadership and composure.
Rask because he's a great goalie, and has a decent sense of humor.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Saad and Brodeur, although it's probably time to pick a Brodeur replacement.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Hawks: Toews, Hossa, Keith in that order

Non Hawks: Bolland, Havlat, Pirri, Selanne (Yeah I am a sucker for Ex-Hawks)

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Hawks:

Hossa. Been a fan of his since back in his WHL days for thwe Winterhawks. HHoF talent IMHO and out of all the Slovaks to ever play the game, is second only to Stan Mikita. Nearly impossible to knock off the puck, and probably the best FWD in all three zones of the ice today. The fact he's never won a Selke frankly shocks me. He also seems to have the quality that Chelios, Jagr, Selanne, and the like have of being older, but still being very valuable on the ice.

Non-'hawks:
I've always liked Anze Kopitar. Great talent.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hawks:

Hossa. Been a fan of his since back in his WHL days for thwe Winterhawks. HHoF talent IMHO and out of all the Slovaks to ever play the game, is second only to Stan Mikita. Nearly impossible to knock off the puck, and probably the best FWD in all three zones of the ice today. The fact he's never won a Selke frankly shocks me. He also seems to have the quality that Chelios, Jagr, Selanne, and the like have of being older, but still being very valuable on the ice.

Non-'hawks:
I've always liked Anze Kopitar. Great talent.

Anze Kopitar has a lot of the same qualities as Hossa, so it makes sense that you would respect his game.

In general, there are so many guys to like on this team, but we usually become attached to specific players. That's just how fans are. I'm only 21, so the Kane and Toews era was what got me the most interested in hockey, being originally from Chicago. Those two guys along with Keith and Hammer have always been up there for me. Saad is becoming one of my favorites however.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Anze Kopitar has a lot of the same qualities as Hossa, so it makes sense that you would respect his game.

In general, there are so many guys to like on this team, but we usually become attached to specific players. That's just how fans are. I'm only 21, so the Kane and Toews era was what got me the most interested in hockey, being originally from Chicago. Those two guys along with Keith and Hammer have always been up there for me. Saad is becoming one of my favorites however.
There's that, and I do have a soft spot for guys who are the only representatives of their country in the NHL. The more world representation the better; it shows the game is growing.

Granted, at my age it was the era where Grimson and Probert were in their prime--that's when I started getting more into hockey than others sports, and my fave non-Blackhawk player was Ron Hextall. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad