Favorite goals of all time?

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016
Not in the conversation for best goal ever by any means but a more obscure semi-recent Leafs one I enjoyed:

Knocked down by the ref, kneed in the back of the head, puck hits him in the face, gets pissed off and turns into Jagr. :laugh:

Sundin's 500th might be the best "on paper" goal: a shorthanded, OT-winning hat trick goal and #500 in his career. Also a laser from the blue line.

As for my actual favourite goal ever.... I have no earthly idea. Maybe that one Datsyuk goal on Turco.

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Laine completing the hattrick against Toronto in overtime. Can't post it from work, but it couldn't have happened any better. Laine's tying goal with under a minute left with a beautiful setup from Ehlers was a gem, too.

Drouin clowning the Avs by himself was another notable this year.

Historically, I haven't seen the clip in years, but Zhamnov 1-on-5 and scoring was amazing.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Not a great goal, but it sealed the Cup and I could finally feel good about celebrating!!

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Todd Marchant scores on a breakaway against the Dallas Stars on Game 7 of the 1997 Western Conference Finals.

I remember having my ear pasted to the speaker on the clock radio, hoping to God my Mom wouldnt hear my listening to the game past my bedtime; I'd already been caught twice sticking my head out the door trying to see the TV. When Marchant scored, I was so excited I yelled loudly enough to wake my sister, who began crying. In that moment, I knew two things: I was grounded for sure, and I was going to be a hockey fan for life. I was nine years old, and this will never not be my favourite goal.

molsonoilers

Feb 6, 2007

It might not be the highest skill play ever, but it'll always be my favourite! Doug Weight vs. Calgary in 1997.

Last edited:

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Kane OT winner vs philly obviously

But this was the loudest I ever heard the old stadium. And it's my favorite because I was there

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Not a great goal, but it sealed the Cup and I could finally feel good about celebrating!!

Yeah, for an "important goal" it's this one for me as well (how did Bergeron not get credited with an assist on that goal BTW?). HM to Bergeron's tying and winning goal against the Leafs in Game 7.

For favorite goal without considering importance at all:

It's been like 15 years or something since it happened and I still don't understand how he was able to pull it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad