Favorite Christmas Songs (Non-Traditional)

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011

Stevie Wonder/I Wish

Christmas reference in the opening stanza...not a Christmas song, strictly speaking, but then neither is My Favourite Things and that one pops up frequently at this time of year

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I watched the movie Anna and the Apocalypse a week or two ago, and while the movie was only OK, it does include two catchy Christmas songs.

One is fun and innocent:

The other is even dirtier than Santa Baby and is best appreciated via the clip from the movie (maybe NSFW):

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I bought this album when I was a kid for this song... I have this faint memory of the cover but can’t recall the details too well...

The Royal Guardsman had on pilot hats and were hanging with Snoop... ?

Anyway, I can’t stand most pop music or Christmas music released today, but I just formed a love-hate relationship with a new Christmas song.

I especially can’t stand Carrie Underwood and I’m just finding out this John Legend who I never heard of is a big star... but I heard their duet Hallelujah the other day:

I’ve never simultaneously loved and hated a Christmas song like this before.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I bought this album when I was a kid for this song... I have this faint memory of the cover but can’t recall the details too well...

The Royal Guardsman had on pilot hats and were hanging with Snoop... ?

Anyway, I can’t stand most pop music or Christmas music released today, but I just formed a love-hate relationship with a new Christmas song.

I especially can’t stand Carrie Underwood and I’m just finding out this John Legend who I never heard of is a big star... but I heard their duet Hallelujah the other day:

I’ve never simultaneously loved and hated a Christmas song like this before.

John Legend is great. He played the title role in the live broadcast of “Jesus Christ Superstar” a couple years ago.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
John Legend is great. He played the title role in the live broadcast of “Jesus Christ Superstar” a couple years ago.

Ya he’s why I enjoy that song, then Carrie Underwood starts screeching,,, hence the love-hate relationship I have with it.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad