Fatigue/Hockey

Jul 31, 2005
CA
great suggestions, sounds like it's worth looking into, thanks. I mentioned in a previous post in this thread that i did use whey protein when i was working out religiously. well in addition to whey protein, i was also taking creatine for a good while. they say creatine works for some, and not for others, well it DEFINITELY worked for me. the thing is, because of the frequency/repetition when it comes to me playing hockey, i dont feel like my legs are getting fatigued due to actually playing, they are already dead sometime before i even skate....I do like the creatine idea that idea was something i didnt think of, maybe the acceleration in my muscle hydration would help reduce the "dead legs" feeling.

Depending on how physical your job is it might be a good idea to start taking supplements before you work. The goal for me is to prevent fatigue. I very rarely feel like the gas tank is empty and that's what I'm looking for.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
couple things....

1)best thing to do is to disect what (if anything) has changed since you started feeling this...then start the process of elimination.
2)if nothing has changed then it could be anything from lingering issues from your previous medical condition to kind of a head thing...

i think i know exactly what you are explaining because i have experianced it to...i had a torn MCL that i never fixed and although my knee itself doesnt hurt my legs feel "dead" (for me its more so in my quads)....but, the body is a amazing thing that does some really weird things some times. im not saying in either your or my situation that is the case but you can never rule something like that out unless you have a good doctor....

things i do are...try to drink A LOT of water and eat something healthy leading up to a game...also, try getting to the rink like 10-15 mins. earlier and get dressed and just walk around a bit, i can usually tell if my legs arnt there just by walking...i also am on my feet all day and i suspected its from standing on flat shoes ALL DAY then balancing on tiny blades..

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
by the way, does anybody else have experience using creatine without combining it with a consistent work-out schedule?

I dont take creatine anymore but if you are playing hockey that many times a week, it is almost the same as having a consistent work out schedule. At least thats the way I look at it.

chickennecker

Jul 31, 2011
im 31 and have been playing for 2 years and here is somthing i started doing that really improved my legs on ice. i used an exercise bike but you can also use an elliptical, just need to be able to adjust the level of difficutly. workout 1 is 60sec with increased resistance and then 60sec with zero resistance for 20-25min. workout 2 is 30sec increased resistance and then 60sec with zero resistance for 6mins and then zero resistance easy biking for 12-15min and then another 6mins of 30sec hard, 60secs easy. lastly, workout 3 is 2min increased resistance and 2mins with zero resistance for 30min. to gauge how to set the resistance for the hard interval, it should be enough so at the end of that 30sec, 60sec or 2min of hard work your legs should be very fatigued and feel like you can barely finish.

Like i said i did this workout 3xweek mixed in with 2 strenght days and i saw great results with my condidtioning on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad