Fat russian goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I think Calgary would still consider him in their plans, he's not exactly a pick they need to develop, he's just a wildcard, they may want to bring him to NA in a year or two, once they have their AHL team back in action. I don't have any stats on him right now, it seems impossible to locate his stats, but I believe him and Alexei Volkov (an LA prospect) are fighting for the No.1 job.

And that pick of him pushing the ice cream cart is one of the best avatars ever.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
From the commercial?

"who says you need to be in shape to be an athlete"?

hmm...was it a snickers commercial?

In that commercial, the crowd was chanting the guys name, and the team had to carry him onto the ice, because he couldnt skate right? I think that guy was Russian too...

Oh well, at least Medvedev has two more gold medals than any Canadian jr team goaltender since 1997. He's always got that as a comeback against all of us.

Phanuthier*

If anyone is actually wondering, I think Medvedev will come over next year and play in the Flames new affiliate (Omaha?) along with Brent Krahn.

Hopefully, he will get put on a conditioning program and work out. From everything I've read, Medvedev is still very much in the team's plans, but he's got alot of things to work out first.

Medvedev's Spartek Moscow played on Tuesday where Medvedev can in for relief during the 3rd period and surrendered 1 goal.

But anyways, back to the jokes...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's said in interviews he has no interest in losing the weight. He doesn't feel it hinders him.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Jacobv2 said:
He's said in interviews he has no interest in losing the weight. He doesn't feel it hinders him.

i guess when you blob over the entire net, it doesn't matter

Chartrand

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:
In that commercial, the crowd was chanting the guys name, and the team had to carry him onto the ice, because he couldnt skate right? I think that guy was Russian too...

That would be Vladikov...

Vladdy! Vladdy!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Tricolore#20 said:

Oh well, at least Medvedev has two more gold medals than any Canadian jr team goaltender since 1997. He's always got that as a comeback against all of us.

Yeah something like that...

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Tricolore#20 said:

he also won gold in the under 17's which were held in my hometown...cant remeber the year , '98 , or 99

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
For the ones intesrested...

So far, he played 318 min. for the weak Moscow Spartak.

GAA:2.83
Save Percentage: 89.51%

Don't expect to see him in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad