Fastest Prospects

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Daniel Catenacci, 2011 eligible. Probably the fastest of all 2011 eligibles.

ohlguy

Oct 18, 2010
Oshawa
Funny how two best friends are most probably the fastest skaters in this Draft. Both Catenacci and Murphy played minor hockey together with the York Simcoe Express.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Sami Vatanen, D, (2009 draft if I remember correctly). One of the fastest at least.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Murphy is one of the fastest and smoothest skaters I've seen in a while.

Blacker from owen sound is pretty quick for a Dman too. So is Sproul

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Murphy's skating is unreal, one of the best skating defensemen I've seen in ages. Can you say Niedermayer? The guy is a treat to watch on the ice

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't know if he still counts as a prospect, but Mattias Tedenby is absurdly fast and agile.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Nashvilles Patric Cehlin and Rangers Jesper Fasth is really fast both of them. No idea if they belong to the absolute fastest though. Fasth surname should give him some extra credit I think.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah...Greening is old but I guess he's still a prospect. Next year will be his rookie season. The guy is a lightning bolt on the ice. He's very, very fast.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yep Burmistrov is fast and he's not gonna be considered a prospect next year but he was for most of this and same with Boedker.

One guy who is a bit older, early 20s but can be called a prospect because he's not an NHLer is Kyle Cumiskey. He's suffered a concussion I think this year. He's very weak defensively, the Avs really need to try shifting him to a forward or that speed is being wasted because he loses the puck when bringing it across the zone as well.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Yep Burmistrov is fast and he's not gonna be considered a prospect next year but he was for most of this and same with Boedker.

One guy who is a bit older, early 20s but can be called a prospect because he's not an NHLer is Kyle Cumiskey. He's suffered a concussion I think this year. He's very weak defensively, the Avs really need to try shifting him to a forward or that speed is being wasted because he loses the puck when bringing it across the zone as well.

Cumiskey has been an NHLer whenever he has been healthy enough to play in the last two years...

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Howden is speedy, got some votes for fastest skater in last years draft.

Catenacci is this draft years fastest.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Mursak for the wings isn't much slower than Helm, thats saying something

Gervess

@Gervess
Jan 3, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec
Danny Kristo the Montreal Canadiens prospect who is in the NCAA. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson is really fast too, even tho he is maybe no more consider as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad