Confirmed with Link: Fast is back - 2yrs x $2.4M

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That’s not a bad number for Fast after the playoff he had. I expected he’d get overpaid somewhere.

My concern is that it does look like it’s just full run it back time and added scoring isn’t coming, unless we are shifting to a Staal 4th line already.

Reactions: Tryamw

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
That’s not a bad number for Fast after the playoff he had. I expected he’d get overpaid somewhere.

My concern is that it does look like it’s just full run it back time and added scoring isn’t coming, unless we are shifting to a Staal 4th line already.
Well, the run it back strategy is currently looking cheaper than last year's squad, so we should have a bunch of room to sign a guy or go into the deadline with oodles of cap space to make deals then.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well, the run it back strategy is currently looking cheaper than last year's squad, so we should have a bunch of room to sign a guy or go into the deadline with oodles of cap space to make deals then.

Yep. This is the year we’ve got all the space in the world to bring everyone back and still add.

EDIT: Staal and Fast now cost less than just Staal did last year.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Great deal, absolute no brainer to bring him back. Thrilled about this one even though he's just a bottom 6er. Marty Staal Fast will continue to be the best 3rd line and shutdown line in the league for at least 2 more years.

Reactions: MinJaBen

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Ignore my dumbass post from the other thread as I hadn't seen this yet. 2 yr @ $2.4M is perfectly acceptable. If we run with last year + TDA all year (over CDH/Ghost) + add a good scoring winger we'll probably be in decent shape all year with room to splash at TDL if we decide to. And replace Stast/Steph with a young hungry player or physical guy

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad