Fascinating Pens Stats

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Since 2005, their highest win total and their best goal differential was in 2012 - when Crosby barely played.
Barely played? Lemme guess. You saw his game log that he only played 36 games that season?

I'll give you a hint. He only played 36 games, but the Pens were 8-4 without him that season...

(oh to be a fly on the wall when you finally solve the riddle)

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Small sample size I'm guessing. How often are both out? Likely not for long periods of time. There's just too much variance in the NHL to conclude anything when the data point is only a handful of games in a row
It feels like one or the other (or both) are injured every season.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Barely played? Lemme guess. You saw his game log that he only played 36 games that season?

I'll give you a hint. He only played 36 games, but the Pens were 8-4 without him that season...

(oh to be a fly on the wall when you finally solve the riddle)

I was talking about the 2011-2012 season when Crosby played 22 out of 82 games.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They aren't at all whatsoever, actually. One is good at the job; the other was not.
Sullivan has been a disaster in the playoffs as of late. Sully and Bylsma both do their best work without star players.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
I was talking about the 2011-2012 season when Crosby played 22 out of 82 games.
That's a weird and misleading way of putting it then... "their highest win total and their best goal differential"

It was their 5th best year based on points percentage, and they were 75% the very next year, compared to 66% the year you mentioned and tried to portray as the Pens best season. Also they had the exact same number of wins (and 1 more point) just 2 years later.

You should be a politician with your misleading statements.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Sullivan has been a disaster in the playoffs as of late. Sully and Bylsma both do their best work without star players.

Yeah no. The roster isn't very good. It's Crosby, Malkin, whatever Letang has left, and then an army of That Guys and Who'd He Used to Play Fors. Yeah, a Guentzel, a Rust, whatever.

Sullivan is one of the main reasons they haven't stopped getting to the playoffs every year. He's a because, not a despite.

Reactions: OtherThingsILike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad