The Star: Farm futures: Five Marlies that could play a role with the Maple Leafs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We do lack toughness but i agree, we looked like we were skating in quicksand save for Nylander and bursts of Lafferty.. Knies of course until he got hurt.
Yes that is da biggest issue .. fixing roster to add speed all over it .. we are TOO SLOW .. then we need to bring in guys who are hard on da puck and da man for playoff hockey .. trade away some of da skill to retool da lineup .. but keep some skill as teams need it to get enough points to make playoffs .. it is a very tricky balance to get right

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
do any of them have any snarl?
Hirvonen plays like a pest while having decent all around offensive ability and works hard.

Niemela is surprisingly physical for a guy of his build.

Just don't expect wrecking balls. I could see Hirvonen developing into a similar player to Acciari. If he doesn't end up having enough offense to play in top 9, he will have to carve out a career as a role player, which by all scouting reports and what people like Wickenheiser and Moore have said about him, I think he will.

Reactions: egd27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad