Farewell to Vincent Lecavalier

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vinny ranks first all-time in Lightning history in games played and goals and is second in assists and points. MSL is second in games played and goals and first in assists and points. I'm not saying anyone's wrong for ranking MSL ahead of Vinny in terms of on-ice achievements but the topic is certainly arguable, and it's close enough that bailing on the team in the middle of a playoff hunt is reasonable to consider as a deciding factor.

Well it helps that Vinny had a two year head start. ;)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What if he just didn't retire? Can the Kings contractually force him?

NHLPA would murder the Kings for even trying it.

Anyways good for Vinny. Man time flies fast, remember when the Lightning were the young "they're gonna win a bunch of Cups, team of the 2000s" type talk? Seems like yesterday.

Last edited:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Congrats on a great career. Didnt fit with philly however always respected him.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Disappointing career for the promise he had. Won't make HOF yet I thought he would become an all-time great.

Greatest player in Lightning history and he's done so much for the city off the ice. His #4 should be the first number officially retired in Tampa.

Ugh, no.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Trade him to Tampa...retire a Lightning.

Then unretire and sign with the Kings for a year...then retire a King.

:)

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Trade him to Tampa...retire a Lightning.

Then unretire and sign with the Kings for a year...then retire a King.

:)

Once you retire Im sure you have to sit out a year. He could terminate and resign I think. Highly doubt Kings would want him back tho for a full season,

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Would have rooted for him had he been on just about any other team, always liked him as a player in TB

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He sets off to pasture on a California sunset. A nice way to leave the game.

I remember his dad doing hockey clinics 20 years ago. And owning his rookie cards, which aren't as valuable as I thought they'd be when I bought them at the start of his career. :sarcasm:

I wish him well.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It always pains me that as great as he was in his prime he could have been greater. But did not achieve what he could have cause of a mix of bad team management and injuries.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It always pains me that as great as he was in his prime he could have been greater.
His prime was maybe a bit shorter than you'd like (3 or 4 years, reduced by lock-out), but don't you think he achieved whatever he was going to?
But did not achieve what he could have cause of a mix of bad team management and injuries.
Well, his team won the Stanley Cup, so...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Good career, sadly he won't make the HOF. Martin St. Louis on the other hand will make the HOF.

At least he got a ring, ride off into the sunset.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
His prime was maybe a bit shorter than you'd like (3 or 4 years, reduced by lock-out), but don't you think he achieved whatever he was going to?

Well, his team won the Stanley Cup, so...

True but we didn't adjust well post cap (granted we got screwed by contracts losing a year) and OK Hockey wasted a couple more years of his career. At least he did get that deep run in 2011 and played really well in it, but we probably should have gotten a couple more runs with that core than we did.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00