OT: Fantasy sports (Football, baseball, hockey, squash)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
any thoughts in the latest revelation of insider trading at FanDuel and DraftKings?

I think they are both already walking a very fine line in regards to legality and this will only bring added attention to a currently unregulated gaming industry.

Honestly it's mostly a bunch of nonsense that's exploded because of a huge coincidence of the guy happening to finish in 2nd place that very week. The articles have a lot of misinformation about this and the way they are written they are basically saying because he allegedly has this info ahead of time (fwiw both he and DK say he did have the DK info until after FD lineups locked) that he won. Like they're making it sound like that led him to beating out over 229,000 people. Additionally they don't mention that NFL ownership percentages are publicly posted all over the place on Friday based on Thursday tournaments so everyone has access to this. Both companies already don't allow their employees to play on the site they work for.

The main issue is that he tweeted it out publicly when he shouldn't have. And it's a potential security flaw if people in the company who don't need the info have it as they could give it to family/friends etc...Of course that's a concern in legitimately like every business and of course the people who work there have inside information. But for the most part this is just a frenzy being brought up by a bunch of low volume players/reporters who have no idea what they're talking about. It has some important and should lead to new policies within the company but to act like it's something major or the reason he's been successful is entirely incorrect.

BarbaraAlphanse

Nope. Even tho ended tied, lost cause I has 1 fewer bench point. SMFH.

Crazyalbo

May 30, 2011
Mahopac, New York
hey guys, this is my first time doing fantasy (yahoo) and was curious about something. After i move players from my bench into the roster by swapping them with a player, is there anything i have to click to set my roster like that? or do i just leave it alone?

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
hey guys, this is my first time doing fantasy (yahoo) and was curious about something. After i move players from my bench into the roster by swapping them with a player, is there anything i have to click to set my roster like that? or do i just leave it alone?

Yahoo autosaves. But you can always confirm by refreshing the page

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So I reminded nyr that he had Cooper in his FLEX against me today (just being nice) and Cooper had his bye week. So he inserted Melvin Gordon. Because Gordon sucks so much ass, he actually lost nyr points today. Lol. I sort of feel bad. Hahahahahaha.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I need Sproles to get me 2.3 points tonight for a win in the HFNYR league. The way this seaon has gone for me, already having lost two separate match ups by 0.2 points or less, I'm expecting Sproles to be a non factor, even though historically he torches the Giants.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
im in a battle here tonight. standard espn scoring. i need murray and giants kicker to get like 15 points so i can beat 46 points this week LOL. nobody on either of our teams hit double digits in points this week.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Not sure why you'd trade for Randle when the Cowboys have been saying they are trying to get more carries to Christine Michael and he's been working with the first teamers.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This week, I feel, is going to be potentially the turning point in my season. Team has been a juggernaut so far--despite sitting 4-2 I'm far and away the highest scoring team in the league. I had some decisions to make, though.

I finally bit the bullet and cut CJ Anderson. I added Theo Riddick in his place. RB is my only weak spot. I start Forte and then either Riddick or Duke Johnson (it's a 12-team PPR league so Riddick has more value than he would otherwise). I also have Eifert on a bye with no backup TE. I waived Willie Snead and picked up Jordan Reed. Reed may not play this week but if he does I like him as a safe bet for 10 points. If he's out I'll swap him for Ebron or someone else available.

Finally, my kicker is McManus of Denver who is also on a bye. I obviously don't carry a backup kicker. I don't want to lose McManus so I waived Tyrod Taylor and picked up Dan Bailey. How many people do you see waiving a QB for a K? LOL. Logic for me is that Taylor may be in a QB battle now (stupidly) and there are guys like Kaepernick, Smith and Fitzpatrick floating around on the wire as decent backup options.

Do these moves make sense? Anderson has been trash and splits carries, so I don't view him as a loss. Snead should get a lot of looks in the NO offense, but I have Hopkins, Marshall, Allen and Robinson (JAX) at WR and they've been superstars for me, so WR depth is no concern. I know the Taylor for Bailey swap seems weird on the surface, but I've been rolling without playing Taylor and I think I might grab Kaepernick, if possible, after this week. This is a tough week for me with the byes so I think if things work out it will be smooth sailing.

I'm rolling in another league, too, but half of the people haven't paid up and I'm figuring all the money will be returned to those who paid and this will become a "just for fun" thing. So I'm not worried about that one. :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

This week, I feel, is going to be potentially the turning point in my season. Team has been a juggernaut so far--despite sitting 4-2 I'm far and away the highest scoring team in the league. I had some decisions to make, though.

I finally bit the bullet and cut CJ Anderson. I added Theo Riddick in his place. RB is my only weak spot. I start Forte and then either Riddick or Duke Johnson (it's a 12-team PPR league so Riddick has more value than he would otherwise). I also have Eifert on a bye with no backup TE. I waived Willie Snead and picked up Jordan Reed. Reed may not play this week but if he does I like him as a safe bet for 10 points. If he's out I'll swap him for Ebron or someone else available.

Finally, my kicker is McManus of Denver who is also on a bye. I obviously don't carry a backup kicker. I don't want to lose McManus so I waived Tyrod Taylor and picked up Dan Bailey. How many people do you see waiving a QB for a K? LOL. Logic for me is that Taylor may be in a QB battle now (stupidly) and there are guys like Kaepernick, Smith and Fitzpatrick floating around on the wire as decent backup options.

Do these moves make sense? Anderson has been trash and splits carries, so I don't view him as a loss. Snead should get a lot of looks in the NO offense, but I have Hopkins, Marshall, Allen and Robinson (JAX) at WR and they've been superstars for me, so WR depth is no concern. I know the Taylor for Bailey swap seems weird on the surface, but I've been rolling without playing Taylor and I think I might grab Kaepernick, if possible, after this week. This is a tough week for me with the byes so I think if things work out it will be smooth sailing.

I'm rolling in another league, too, but half of the people haven't paid up and I'm figuring all the money will be returned to those who paid and this will become a "just for fun" thing. So I'm not worried about that one. :laugh:

Pick up Seferian jenkins

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Was Julius Thomas available? I had him drafted in one league but he was available in two others I was in (picked him up in both about 2 weeks before he was good to go).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pick up Seferian jenkins

Is he back yet? I haven't seen any news, so he slipped off my radar.

Was Julius Thomas available? I had him drafted in one league but he was available in two others I was in (picked him up in both about 2 weeks before he was good to go).

I snagged him in the other league but he's unavailable in this one. Ladarius Green, Ebron, Fleener, Seferian-Jenkins, Jordan Cameron, Heath Miller and Tamme are the "name guys" available at the moment (other than Reed, who I picked up). I like Reed as a safety blanket for Cousins. They don't seem to do well throwing to the WRs and the guy Carrier had a good bit of targets last week, with Reed obviously being a superior pass-catching target. I like him since this league is PPR.

BarbaraAlphanse

ASJ said he's ready but team held him out of practice today.

BarbaraAlphanse

Finally got my RB2. Traded Seferian Jenkins for Hilliman.

I like my team heading into playoffs.

BarbaraAlphanse

Looks like I can ditch Randall now. He was dropped in one of my leagues and I picked him up. Got a few points out of him and was a good move.

Did he get suspended? If so for how long?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad