Fantasy question: Brassard or Stepan

dagame7474

Jan 9, 2006
Philly
This is a fantasy question but I posted here because I want to get opinions from actual Rangers fans. I feel that these questions don't get answered by the right people on the fantasy thread. Anyway, I have Brassard and Stepan in my fantasy league and I am going to have to drop one. I love how good Brassard has been lately and I've been holding onto Stepan on my IR. Which one do you think will have the most fantasy impact from this point on? Will Brassard continue to play with St Louis and Nash, or will they move Stepan to the top center spot. Thanks.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Keep Stepan. He's higher on the pecking order because he's more skilled and more consistent. With that said he will naturally be playing with our best wingers much more often than Brassard. Stepan even had a great game last night all things considered. He got an assist (no training camp, hasn't played all season) and looked really sharp overall honestly. Wouldn't be all too worried about huge rust issues. He's a smart player.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Brass is centering Nash and St.Louis, and looking great doing so with no true sign of any changes save injury. Brass is probably the only smarter hockey player than MSL and Stepan IMO.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Brass is centering Nash and St.Louis, and looking great doing so with no true sign of any changes save injury. Brass is probably the only smarter hockey player than MSL and Stepan IMO.

Fair points, I don't know about that last statement but regardless OP...

2421068-both.jpg

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I would keep Stepan. Eventually Stepan is going to get back on the top power play unit and that is going to bump Brassard to PP2. I think they'll both be fairly close in terms of even strength minutes and Brassard has chemistry going with the big guns right now but over the course of a full season Stepan is going to get more opportunities to put up numbers.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I would keep Stepan. Eventually Stepan is going to get back on the top power play unit and that is going to bump Brassard to PP2. I think they'll both be fairly close in terms of even strength minutes and Brassard has chemistry going with the big guns right now but over the course of a full season Stepan is going to get more opportunities to put up numbers.

Stepan will not push Brassard back unless there is a reason to, again, injury being the only one I see. Especially with that chemistry with the big guns. Over the course of the season, whichever one is with the big guns will get more opportunities to put up numbers, that guy is and will likely continue to be Brassard.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Stepan will not push Brassard back unless there is a reason to, again, injury being the only one I see. Especially with that chemistry with the big guns. Over the course of the season, whichever one is with the big guns will get more opportunities to put up numbers, that guy is and will likely continue to be Brassard.

Stepan will eventually be on PP 1 just by virtue of being right handed.

Brassard's season high in the NHL is 47 points. Let's assume he has a career season, which is entirely possible. I say he finishes somewhere between 55-60 points. I think Stepan will do better than that. Brassard is scoring at almost a ppg pace right now which means he's going to run into a massive cool down eventually. Brassard is not scoring 80 points this season. But we'll see.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Last statement, smartest on the ****Rangers***** I stick by that lol

Eh IDK. You have to be pretty damn smart to be slow af and put up points like a 1C. Stepan has put points that have been top 30 in the league among centers, Brass hasn't done that yet. Brassard has more talent but he's inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad