Fantasy Premier League season 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Jussi, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Jussi

Jussi Registered User

I haven't set it up but yes, it's automatically renewed.

2. phisherman

phisherman Registered User

What are some people's sleeper picks for this year?

3. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

I'm not sure what constitutes as a 'sleeper pick' but Jota and King are both in really good offensive situations and have shown enough to score a lot of points (plus King is Bournemouth's PK taker). I know Wilson is the 'sexy pick' for Bournemouth but I'm more inclined to save a bit of money and go with King who has also looked great in preseason. Right now my team looks like this:

Ederson (Pope)
    van Dijk - Robertson - Digne - Zinchenko (Gibson)
    Perez - Salah - Richarlison - Sterling (Dendoncker)
    King - Ings (Wickham)
    There's also a very good chance I'll pick up Harry Wilson when we see his role/gametime at Bournemouth.

4. phisherman

phisherman Registered User

What I mean is someone who is cheap in value but can get you points.

Like AWB was 4 or 4.5 I think last year and was a starting RB. Trying to look for cheap players that I know will play and produce.

5. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Pick Trossard, I promise you he will deliver! Also if anyone wants to join a league on a cool website send me a message :);)

6. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    I was going to do mine tomorrow, but then I forgot that Norwich is playing Pool tomorrow. Don't forget that boys, get it done before the game on Friday!

Edit: Mine finally done, made some risks in there...

Alisson (Foster)
    Ake - van Aanholt - Cancelo (Gibson, Reid)
    Pepe - Doucoure - B. Silva - McCarthy - Salah
    Aubameyang - Vardy (Brewster)​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  7. Basement Cat

Basement Cat Frank Drebin

Would appreciate any feedback you have on this roster - I think I finally settled on one that I like:

[​IMG]

8. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

I would try to find a way to get Trent over Laporte. I don't like Sigurdsson or Barkley there are much better players at both price points IMO (Mount, Martial, David Silva, Lanzini and Harry Wilson are all good bets to continue to bring in more points than those two at least and should free up money for other players). I'm a fan of King but I think with a change to midfield you can easily afford Pukki who is straight up better, but also guys like Haller and Ings are probably better bets as well.

I also think the way to go is midfielders who seem more consistent than the forwards now. I would turf Kane for someone like Sterling or de Bruyne.

ON TO A MORE PRESSING MATTER

Someone in my draft league offered me Kane for Pukki (knee jerk at its finest). I know it's one of those trades that I SHOULD accept without a question...but I don't know. Spurs haven't looked great and Norwich, along with Pukki in particular, have been playing such fantastic attacking football. Kane is a very good player (though after being one of the few that rated him before he became overrated, I don't rate him as high as a lot of people do now), but is his best behind him already? I also like the idea that I drafted Pukki and he's had such a great start. I guess there's no real risk in the trade for me but would still like to hear thoughts.

9. The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park Registered User

I would make the trade imo. Short term Pukki might be the better option, but you know Kane is good for 25 goals a year and is never great in August. I think long term it’s just too easy of a win for you. I think the chances Pukki puts up 20/25 goals this is not super high, where as it’s basically a guarantee with Kane unless he gets hurt.

10. Jussi

Jussi Registered User

I think with certain players it might serve you well to switch the around depending on who their team is facing. Of course depending on how much room you have in your budget. For example if Norwich are playing mid-to-bottom table projected teams, he's expected to be on the score sheet more than against the higher rated teams.