Fantasy Mock Draft #4 Discussion Thread (Read OP before asking questions pls)

Should we allow one trade per team at the end which will only be a 1 for 1 deal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Salary Cap/Restrictions
  • $55,000,000-$70,000,000 OR $75,000,000 (for restriction teams)
  • Restriction teams need to be reasonable (no more than 450 players available to choose from for active 2019-2020 season players)
  • If you are picking a team using restrictions I would recommend using NHL.com, Capfriendly.com, or Quanthockey.com with good filter search options based on nationality, height/weight, age, draft position, contracts, etc.
  • It is up to you to find a restriction that you feel confident you can build a full team with under the salary cap
  • If you are drafting a team with a restriction these will be kept unknown until other GM's figure it out (if they can), however you do need to establish if you are building a restriction team before the draft

Draft Style/Details
  • Snake draft with 3rd round inverted, back to snake format for 4th round (If you have the 1st overall pick, you will have 1st, 64th, 96th, 97th, 160th, 161st and so on)
  • Time Limit: Rounds 1-5 (2 hours), Rounds 6-14 (1 hour), Rounds 15-20 (30 minutes)
  • Skipped Picks: 3 (time cut in half), 4 (automatic skip)
  • If you have back-to back picks this does not double the time you have to select a player
  • If you take a player who has already been taken, you have 10 minutes to re-select before we move on
  • If you miss a pick and the draft comes back to your next selection we will automatically move on (I know this sucks for those drafting with picks close together which is why I always recommend sending a list)
  • Players who have an active NHL contract AND have played 1 NHL game in the last two years are eligible to be picked. (Byfuglien = NO, N. Patrick/E. Bouchard = YES for example)
Draft Order/Mini Drafts and Timeline
  • This draft order will determine the order for the first mini draft which will decide where you want to draft from as well as the team you will choose to draft as
  • The odds each GM will be given is based on the average draft position from the previous 3 games. Any manager who missed one of the previous 3 games will be assigned a '1' as their draft slot for that game missed. This rewards managers who have stuck around for all 3, while maintaining the intention of the rule which is to give GM's who have consistently drafted low a better chance to pick where they prefer
  • For example: @FanofBadHockeyTeam has picked 31st, 25th, and 12th in the previous 3 games for an average of 23. His username will appear in randomizer.org 23 times. @DatsyukianDekes13 will be assigned; 1, 1, and 8 (first two drafts missed, third selected 8th) for an average of 3 which means his username will appear 3 times in the randomizer.
  • While showing the draft order live, LB will click "randomize." The first name that pops up is the GM that won that specific slot. LB will then click "Go Back," delete that GM's username from the list and click "randomize" again until we have all 32 spots established
  • At this point, we will hold the first mini draft to determine the draft order
  • Once draft order is established we can move onto the next draft which will be to determine matchups
Matchups
  • Voting will not be the traditional playoff format where we rank teams in each division
  • Instead, everyone is included in a bracket style playoff format
  • The matchups will be decided via the second mini draft
  • The GM who ends up with the 32nd selection will have the first choice to pick which team they want to match up with
  • For example: 32nd overall GM selects 31st overall GM.. now 31st overall GM does not get to choose and we move on to the 30th team to select until all teams have a matchup
Voting
  • First two rounds will be "in-house" voting, final 2 rounds will be taken to the polls section (the reason for this is there seems to be a difference in opinions between in-house and polls voting. There will be reason to build teams with both voters in mind)
  • GM's with family members/friends in the draft (mods have figured this out) will not be allowed to vote for each other unless they are matched up against one another.
  • Voting will be based on who should be crowned Pandemic Cup Champs for this season
Trading
  • GM's will be allowed one specific trade after the draft
  • Trade needs to be a 1 for 1 deal
  • This allows GM's to fix cap or positions on rosters if needed, but nothing more
The GM's who have committed to this draft so far:

GM
DRAFT ORDER ODDS
Joey Moss​
15​
Cocoloco​
5​
Blinny​
8​
Panda Bear​
10​
Llamamoto49​
12​
LatvianTwist​
7​
Makaveli​
18​
AveryStar4Eva​
15​
DanCloutiers5Hole​
15​
OB5​
19​
Nucker101​
17​
m0pe​
20​
BeLeafing​
16​
hockeynorth​
20​
McMozesmadness​
16​
Peter Griffin​
18​
BumDum​
20​
ConnorMcMullet​
9​
NeoCanuck​
4​
EvilDead​
10​
LucBourdon​
10​
DatsyukianDekes13​
3​
VanillaCoke​
3​
Kent Nilsson​
8​
SJSharks39​
8​
Tryamkin​
19​
datboichoi​
11​
belair​
15​
Paralyzer008​
12​
BoldNewLettuce​
4​
FanOfBadHockeyTeam​
23​
Joey Moss #2​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
ANAHEIM -
ARIZONA -
BOSTON -
BUFFALO -
CALGARY -
CAROLINA -
CHICAGO -
COLORADO -
COLUMBUS -
DALLAS -
DETROIT -
EDMONTON -
FLORIDA -
LOS ANGELES -
MINNESOTA -
MONTREAL -
NASHVILLE -
NEW JERSEY -
NY ISLANDERS -
NY RANGERS -
OTTAWA -
PHILADELPHIA -
PITTSBURGH -
SAN JOSE -
SEATTLE -
ST. LOUIS -
TAMPA BAY -
TORONTO -
VANCOUVER -
WASHINGTON -
WINNIPEG -

Reactions: hockeynorth

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
MINI DRAFT ORDER
1. DanCloutiers5Hole
2. Tryamkin
3. Cocoloco
4. Makeveli
5. EvilDead
6. m0pe
7. VanillaCoke
8. DatsyukianDekes13
9. Joey Moss
10. SJSharks39
11. Nucker101
12. belair
13. Fanofbadhockeyteam
14. BeLeafing
15. Peter Griffin
16. Panda Bear
17. Llamamoto49
18. NeoCanuck
19. BumDum
20. Kent Nilsson
21. McMozesmadness
22. hockeynorth
23. ConnorMcMullet
24. OB5
25. Paralyzer008
26. Blinny
27. LatvianTwist
28. LucBourdon
29. BoldNewLettuce
30. AveryStar4Eva
31. datboichoi
32. Joey Moss #2

MAIN DRAFT ORDER

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
MATCHUP DRAFT ORDER
1. Joey Moss #2
2. datboichoi
3. AveryStar4Eva
4. BoldNewLettuce
5. LucBourdon
6. LatvianTwist
7. Blinny
8. Paralyzer008
9. OB5
10. ConnorMcMullet
11. hockeynorth
12. McMozesmadness
13. Kent Nilsson
14. BumDum
15. NeoCanuck
16. Llamamoto49
17. Panda Bear
18. Peter Griffin
19. BeLeafing
20. Fanofbadhockeyteam
21. belair
22. Nucker101
23. SJSharks39
24. Joey Moss
25. DatsyukianDekes13
26. VanillaCoke
27. m0pe
28. EvilDead
29. Makaveli
30. Cocoloco
31. Tryamkin
32. Dancloutiers5Hole

MATCHUPS

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
I wonder what pick is the most advantageous. While I want the top ten pick the 3RR makes that moot. I’ve drafted 15, 17 and 26 and I like my 26 team the best. If I get a prime choice I will likely pick to go between 10-15.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'll announce the mini draft order picks from 32-1 one by one for those who wanted that. Just a reminder to avoid confusion, this order will be both the order for picking draft positions/teams (from 1-32) and matchup selections (32-1).

We're going to do the draft to pick order of selection/teams first.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll announce the mini draft order picks from 32-1 one by one for those who wanted that. Just a reminder to avoid confusion, this order will be both the order for picking draft positions/teams (from 1-32) and matchup selections (32-1).

So basically the first team revealed is the last team to pick their draft position and first to pick match up?

Reactions: Joey Moss

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

So whoever gets announce as 1 picks their draft slot first? Or they pick first?

Also LETS GET HYPED FELLAS, gm hockeynorth is coming back for one last shot to prove himself

p.s. who is the last gm?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So whoever gets announce as 1 picks their draft slot first? Or they pick first?

Also LETS GET HYPED FELLAS, gm hockeynorth is coming back for one last shot to prove himself

p.s. who is the last gm?
The last GM is "Joey Moss #2." I gave this team, and VanillaCoke odds of 3 which were the lowest of anyone else in the draft.

And I guess I'll just announce right now that #32 did come out as Joey Moss #2.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
#31 @datboichoi

Not sure if this would be considered disappointing for them after drafting last in draft #3, or favorable to pick their matchup. Odds of 11 and coming out at 31 was interesting.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Joey is that their draft slot or when they get to pick their draft slot? Cause if its draft slot I wanna be called out RIGHT NOW lol

Dibs Toronto. Snipe Toronto I dont vote for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad