Fantasy league Expansions Draft

standers

Dec 1, 2015
My league is allowing a new member to join.

As such, we have to expose 4 players from our 12 person keeper league roster.

Expansion team can choose up to two players (potentially ) from my team.

My Roster is....
McDavid
Malkin
Mackinnon
Hall
Kessel
Rakell
Huberdeau
Tarensenko
Monahan
Simmonds
Krejci
Pacioretty

I've won 2 years in a row, and have been building this team for a long time.

Which 4 players would you expose?

Krejci and Simmonds I will expose 100% but am undecided on the other 2...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Myself, since this is a keeper league, id probably do Simmonds, Krejci, Pacioretty and probably Kessel... I know Kessel was deadly last year but hes getting older and i just would hate seeing u lose someone else... Or if u LOVE Kessel, then maybe Monahan i guess

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Skinny Jim stole the words from my mouth.

Being that it's a keeper, I'd be looking o expose only players of age 30 or older, that you expect to take a step back.

To me, this means Simmonds amd Krejci who are already showing signs of regression.

Pacioretty, whose future is up in the air and had a down season.

And your choice of Malkin or Kessel. Injury concerns and age being the primary factors here.

Of course sharing the full scoring categories could alter things. FOW, SOG, +/- or other categories could alter the value of certain players.

standers

Dec 1, 2015
The pool just scores points.

I think I will go
Krejci
Simmonds
Pacioretty
And unfortunately probably Monahan.... I'll gamble on Kessel. I want to take another win this year....

donut

Sep 5, 2012

I think I will go
Krejci
Simmonds
Pacioretty
And unfortunately probably Monahan.... I'll gamble on Kessel. I want to take another win this year....

I'd suggest those four in a points only league without hesitation. The rest of your keepers are no-brainers to keep.

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

I think I will go
Krejci
Simmonds
Pacioretty

I just cringe at the prospect of exposing a soon to be 24 year old who consistently put up 60 ish points over the past 4 years.

I still think Monahan has room for improvement to a 65-70 point 2 way center. He's also a fairly safe bet as a 60 point guy for the next 7-9 seasons.

So, while Kessel has the short term upside he's also almost 31. He may have another 2-3 more good seasons, but my personal view on players is that after 30, they're not desirable commodities unless they play goalie.

Exposing Monahan he may not be taken, because he's not a high end point producer, so if that's the route you chose - good luck!

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
So, who did you end up exposing and who was taken?

Side note, with 38 pts in 32 games Monahan is looking to exceed his career high by a fair margin this year...

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
My league is allowing a new member to join.

As such, we have to expose 4 players from our 12 person keeper league roster.

Expansion team can choose up to two players (potentially ) from my team.

My Roster is....
McDavid
Malkin
Mackinnon
Hall
Kessel
Rakell
Huberdeau
Tarensenko
Monahan
Simmonds
Krejci
Pacioretty

I've won 2 years in a row, and have been building this team for a long time.

Which 4 players would you expose?

Krejci and Simmonds I will expose 100% but am undecided on the other 2...

Krejci, Rakell, Patches, Kessel over Simmonds(his hits is a nice asset to have over kessels goal scoring since u have so many great stars.

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

I think I will go
Krejci
Simmonds
Pacioretty

Krejci, Rakell, Patches, Kessel over Simmonds (his hits is a nice asset to have over kessels goal scoring since u have so many great stars.

@Oley49 You're absolutely right, if this were a multi cat league. But, after 2 posts the OP specifies it's a point only league... So Simmonds loses his value and then some. In a thread this short, you should probably read ALL the comments before chiming in, as they can often add important details to the OP.

Also if you look at the OP post date, it was in September. Hence me asking for the outcome 3 months later. It's probably a tad too late for you to chime in.

Reactions: iSophagus

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
@Oley49 You're absolutely right, if this were a multi cat league. But, after 2 posts the OP specifies it's a point only league... So Simmonds loses his value and then some. In a thread this short, you should probably read ALL the comments before chiming in, as they can often add important details to the OP.

Also if you look at the OP post date, it was in September. Hence me asking for the outcome 3 months later. It's probably a tad too late for you to chime in.
Perhaps that information should have been placed into the first and original post. I don't get into habit of reading every post in a thread. I read the first and clicked on reply.....

I also didn't realize it was such an old thread or that it was so short. if you are not interested in having people reply anymore. Maybe delete the post? Lighten up

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Perhaps that information should have been placed into the first and original post. I don't get into habit of reading every post in a thread. I read the first and clicked on reply.....

I also didn't realize it was such an old thread or that it was so short. if you are not interested in having people reply anymore. Maybe delete the post? Lighten up

The OP isn't mine, hence me asking what he did in the end (which is why it popped up again near the top of the feed)... You really should look at a few other details before you comment.

You know, it shows the number of posts in the thread where it pops up in the forum listing right?

As for lightening up, I'm trying to point out how you can offer your opinion more meaningfully in the future - by looking at a few extra things before weighing in. That's constructive criticism, hardly me being a downer.

Reactions: iSophagus

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The OP isn't mine, hence me asking what he did in the end (which is why it popped up again near the top of the feed)... You really should look at a few other details before you comment.

You know, it shows the number of posts in the thread where it pops up in the forum listing right?

As for lightening up, I'm trying to point out how you can offer your opinion more meaningfully in the future - by looking at a few extra things before weighing in. That's constructive criticism, hardly me being a downer.
Great, This is so meaningful to me. I really appreciate you taking time away from your day to teach me the rules of hfboards. Ill make sure to follow you these well thought out rules you seem to believe I could actually care about. Have a good day Brock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad