OT: Fantasy Hockey Payment Preference

Payment preference

• Total voters

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
MODS - Sorry to create a new thread, needed to create a poll. Will not need it open for long.

Hey guys, I haven't received much feedback on how we are collecting payment so I'm putting it to a poll. Only reason why is because if we are using LeagueSafe we need to start collecting before the season starts in 6 days. We will go by majority rule with the poll results. Please vote as soon as you're available. Also, @MayDayMayDay would like to join but we need one more team to make it even if he joins. Please let me know if anyone is interested here on the forum, or if any of our current players know someone that islooking to join a league. Thanks!

@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Dr VinnyBoombatz)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's)
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover)
@GiveAFlyingPuck (Chipchura’s Champs)
@Summer Rose (Gainesville Magnitudes)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach)

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I don't know, tracking and distributing people's money gets annoying. There are 14 of us, are we really asking @RABBIT to also set up a spreadsheet so he can keep track of who paid based on timestamps from his bank statement? Most likely at least one person will forget / be late on payments which would be a pain to chase down. Anyway I feel like Rabbit and DOTS are doing enough already (thanks guys!) so think it's absolutely worth a few bucks to save them what could be a significant headache

RABBIT

I don't know, tracking and distributing people's money gets annoying. There are 14 of us, are we really asking @RABBIT to also set up a spreadsheet so he can keep track of who paid based on timestamps from his bank statement? Most likely at least one person will forget / be late on payments which would be a pain to chase down. Anyway I feel like Rabbit and DOTS are doing enough already (thanks guys!) so think it's absolutely worth a few bucks to save them what could be a significant headache

I appreciate that @PainForShane but I really don’t mind either way. They both have their upsides. LeagueSafe was more organized, but charged a fee so instead of $50 even we all ended up paying in around $48. I also didn’t like that we all had to create 2 accounts - one for ESPN and one for LeagueSafe. On top of that, we all HAD to deposit our buy-ins by the start of the season or that user couldn’t participate, which I didn’t like at all.

With personal payments, it may bit a little more accounting on my part, but it creates WAY more flexibility for you guys. I can take later payments if someone can’t pay right away. No fee, and no need to create a separate account for anything. Looks like personal payments are leading the poll by a long shot anyway so I think we’re headed that direction

Reactions: PainForShane

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Have payout rules been established? $50 * 14 = $700 total. How does this look?

1st place = $500
2nd place = $150
3rd place = $50

We could also do something where there is a weekly winner based on any number of factors. Maybe $5 per week?

Reactions: Summer Rose

RABBIT

Have payout rules been established? $50 * 14 = $700 total. How does this look?

1st place = $500
2nd place = $150
3rd place = $50

We could also do something where there is a weekly winner based on any number of factors. Maybe $5 per week?

i like to do some thing for the division winners too. I’ll shoot you a message about what I’m thinking

Reactions: DOTS13

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What's the prize for last place? 24 hrs in Waffle House has already been done.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad