OT: Fantasy Hockey: Is your team better than Uncle Risto's?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Damn. Missed this entirely.

Drafting my league on Tuesday evening. Anyone have player's they're specifically targeting this draft?

How high are we drafting Bedard? Karlsson?

Who's the biggest bounce back candidates? Sleepers?

Would be curious to hear your thoughts!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Damn. Missed this entirely.

Drafting my league on Tuesday evening. Anyone have player's they're specifically targeting this draft?

How high are we drafting Bedard? Karlsson?

Who's the biggest bounce back candidates? Sleepers?

Would be curious to hear your thoughts!
Keepers or a bangers league?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Brady Tkachuk. He’s incredible in a bangers league as is Stutzle actually.

I mean, that much is obvious. Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this years draft in particular in regards to deep finds, sleepers, bounce back candidates, etc. Or just general feelings about NHL teams as a whole that should targeted/avoided.

I'm probably avoiding Boston, St Louis, Vancouver, etc.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, that much is obvious. Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this years draft in particular in regards to deep finds, sleepers, bounce back candidates, etc. Or just general feelings about NHL teams as a whole that should targeted/avoided.

I'm probably avoiding Boston, St Louis, Vancouver, etc.
In terms of sleepers, in some mocks I’ve done Gaudreau, Laine, and Hubs all go well into the draft and I think there’s plenty of upside with all 3 of them. OEL could be a good short term add as he may be on pp1 till Montour gets back. Klingbergs also been in pp1 so could be a good late round add. Durzi may also be a pp1 guy in AZ. If not him Valimaki. Owen Tippett is a good depth option in bangers as well.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Still trying to figure out my 5 keepers svech, barzal and cozens not in the frame. About 15 minutes to figure it out
Screenshot_20231006-172714.png

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
My team. We did a redraft. Yahoo keepers league. 21 rounds. I think I made out OK.

1. Leon Draisaitl - C
2. David Pastrnak - RW
3. Tage Thompson - C
4. Brayden Point - C
5. Alexander Georgiev - G
6. Connor Hellebuyck - G
7. Evan Bouchard - D
8. RNH - C,LW
9. Ilya Sorokin - G
10. Josh Morrissey - D
11. JT Miller - C, RW
12. Brent Burns - D
13. Adrian Kempe - C, RW
14. Jeff Skinner - LW
15. Juuse Saros - G
16. Mark Scheifele -C
17. Chris Kreider - LW
18. Devon Toews - D
19. Tyler Toffoli - RW
20. Matty Beniers - C
21. Dawson Mercer - C, RW

Reactions: MaKarter

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I did a Yahoo draft with my family where you had to pick 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

10th pick out of 12 in a snake draft, but feel pretty confident about my upcoming season.

IMG_6256.jpeg

Reactions: MaKarter

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
For the first time since he has been in the league, I do not own my favorite player in any league. I usually only play in 2 leagues but this year I'm in 3. I'm in three different league team sizes, 8, 10, and 12.

I was willing to spend my first pick in my 12 team league (12th) but he was taken 11th.

Cale Makar

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Guy I own in all 3 leagues, Miro Heiskanen. Somehow he is still only 24. Cale will always be my favorite but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Miro has a better season.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Beyond pissed. Wasn't paying attention because all my buddies and I are were drafting at the bar and I was chatting away and lost track of time. Was drafting second and the guy that's in first is such a boston homer he chose Pasta first pick leaving McDavid tee'd up for me. I hurried over, clicked from the ESPN fantasy page into to the draft tab, tried to start scrolling up to the top and fat finger drafted Bedard instead. :facepalm:

Despite missing out on the greatest player in the world, my team is still pretty solid. My goalies suck however. Probably will just end up streaming, but do ANY of these guys have real potential to be more than just a handcuff? Devon obviously looks the most intriguing but I don't know much about him or Buffalos goalie situation really. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2023-10-10 at 1.02.33 PM.png

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Beyond pissed. Wasn't paying attention because all my buddies and I are were drafting at the bar and I was chatting away and lost track of time. Was drafting second and the guy that's in first is such a boston homer he chose Pasta first pick leaving McDavid tee'd up for me. I hurried over, clicked from the ESPN fantasy page into to the draft tab, tried to start scrolling up to the top and fat finger drafted Bedard instead. :facepalm:

Despite missing out on the greatest player in the world, my team is still pretty solid. My goalies suck however. Probably will just end up streaming, but do ANY of these guys have real potential to be more than just a handcuff? Devon obviously looks the most intriguing but I don't know much about him or Buffalos goalie situation really. Thoughts?

View attachment 750694
I would think about deleting fantasy altogether if that happened.

Raanta puts up good numbers when healthy, but he'll split with Andersen either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad