GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2023-24 All Leagues Info

What time would you like Draft start time to be?

• 1pm Draft Start

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3pm Draft Star

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 5pm Draft Start

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
About 90% sure I’m not going to play next season. I’ve started a new sales job for a boat company and between that and still working for my friend, I just haven’t had the time I’ve had in previous seasons. That’s not really fair to anyone. We’ll see as we get through the rest of this season and head toward the next draft, but I’ll still set my lineup each week.
Thumbs down

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
1709058676868.png

If these rankings don't tell you that this league's format is broken I don't know what will. Kucherov not even top 10 at 102 points in 59 games. Matthews almost 50g in 50 games and is 5th lol (if he didn't have that one SHP he probably wouldn't be top 10).

Can we get serious about adjusting the stats next year or are these complaints just going to be ignored again? PIMs and SHP are ridiculous and I'd argue FW are meaningless fantasy numbers as well. The fact that these stats have as much weight as Goals and Assists is absolutely ridiculous. In what world does a GM take a 51% faceoff guy who scored 12 goals a year over a 30 goal scorer?

Please bring in blocked shots so defensemen have some sort of value in this league. Quinn Hughes is ranked 30th at well over a point per game, there are just 4 d-men in the top 50.

Reactions: Cats711

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
View attachment 826041

If these rankings don't tell you that this league's format is broken I don't know what will. Kucherov not even top 10 at 102 points in 59 games. Matthews almost 50g in 50 games and is 5th lol (if he didn't have that one SHP he probably wouldn't be top 10).

Can we get serious about adjusting the stats next year or are these complaints just going to be ignored again? PIMs and SHP are ridiculous and I'd argue FW are meaningless fantasy numbers as well. The fact that these stats have as much weight as Goals and Assists is absolutely ridiculous. In what world does a GM take a 51% faceoff guy who scored 12 goals a year over a 30 goal scorer?

Please bring in blocked shots so defensemen have some sort of value in this league. Quinn Hughes is ranked 30th at well over a point per game, there are just 4 d-men in the top 50.

Your points about the format are spot on.

But I am also currently first, so I can't complain too much!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Your points about the format are spot on.

But I am also currently first, so I can't complain too much!
You're in first place by A (one) 5 o clock shadow stubble hair!

View attachment 826041

Maybe you're right. After all you have Kucherov- you shouldn't be so very far behind someone who went just about all year without a first round pick and had to strategize around the same categories you had to work with, often choosing guys not ranked in the top 100 of any time frame.

I truly mean no offense when I say this, as I have zero disrespect for you and am trying to tread lightly here in response, but stop blaming the categories because you only drafted for the 3 categories you feel should have more value, and not enough balance of the other categories.

The checks and balances systems of the world exist for a reason, and that reason is to keep someone like Keith Yandle from having more value than someone like Radko Gudas, as it would be under your proposed changes.

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Maybe you're right. After all you have Kucherov- you shouldn't be so very far behind someone who went just about all year without a first round pick and had to strategize around the same categories you had to work with, often choosing guys not ranked in the top 100 of any time frame.

I truly mean no offense when I say this, as I have zero disrespect for you and am trying to tread lightly here in response, but stop blaming the categories because you only drafted for the 3 categories you feel should have more value, and not enough balance of the other categories.

The checks and balances systems of the world exist for a reason, and that reason is to keep someone like Keith Yandle from having more value than someone like Radko Gudas, as it would be under your proposed changes.
LOL I auto drafted so I didn't select any of these guys but I understand your point and respect it regardless of how disrespectful you're being, but a lot of these categories are crapshoots. By your logic my auto-draft would've considered all the stats used and drafted a....more rounded team?That's my issue. You're putting the same amount of value on hits or penalty minutes (a LITERAL crapshoot) as goals, assists, and goalie wins. Some are indefensibly more important and valued in hockey than other.

I've won this league before so it's not really a valid complaint on your end. Also I finished 3rd the last two years and STILL complained about the stat categories last off-season.

If we want to keep these categories, I am fine with it, but then we should switch to a Points-based system where goals have more weight since those matter the most?

If you check the threads I've been complaining about this for multiple years and not because I "drafted poorly" but because the stats used with the weighted categories all having the same value at the end of the week is literally asinine. How you are missing that point is beyond me.

In my main league, we use a head to head points based system with the following breakdown in points:

G - 3
A - 1.5
+/- - 0.5 either way
PPP - 1 additional for each point (goal or assist)
SHG - 5
SHA - 3
GWG - 1
SOG - .1
Hit - 0.2
Block - 0.5

This is the fairest system any of us have used and it's worked without issue for over a decade now. I'm obviously open to tweaking the above but do you see how much more sense this makes in a league that values goals/assists and SCORING?! Considering that's how you win hockey games? Not by out PIMing the other team?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Yes, I know. But I am still 1st. For now!

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
LOL I auto drafted so I didn't select any of these guys but I understand your point and respect it regardless of how disrespectful you're being, but a lot of these categories are crapshoots. By your logic my auto-draft would've considered all the stats used and drafted a....more rounded team?That's my issue. You're putting the same amount of value on hits or penalty minutes (a LITERAL crapshoot) as goals, assists, and goalie wins. Some are indefensibly more important and valued in hockey than other.

I've won this league before so it's not really a valid complaint on your end. Also I finished 3rd the last two years and STILL complained about the stat categories last off-season.

If we want to keep these categories, I am fine with it, but then we should switch to a Points-based system where goals have more weight since those matter the most?

If you check the threads I've been complaining about this for multiple years and not because I "drafted poorly" but because the stats used with the weighted categories all having the same value at the end of the week is literally asinine. How you are missing that point is beyond me.

In my main league, we use a head to head points based system with the following breakdown in points:

G - 3
A - 1.5
+/- - 0.5 either way
PPP - 1 additional for each point (goal or assist)
SHG - 5
SHA - 3
GWG - 1
SOG - .1
Hit - 0.2
Block - 0.5

This is the fairest system any of us have used and it's worked without issue for over a decade now. I'm obviously open to tweaking the above but do you see how much more sense this makes in a league that values goals/assists and SCORING?! Considering that's how you win hockey games? Not by out PIMing the other team?
Nor can i argue and not apologize for the ignorant draft thing. Auto draft is far more considerate with football than hockey.
But please don't make it out like I said/meant more than I did, like i said. Some of what you said isn't what I think- I'm not feeling like I'm being disrespectful or looking down on you like that, save the part I just apologized for, of course.

Let me think about the scoring system you just showed for a bit...I'm not promising anything more than an open mind about it!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ProjectPanthers

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Nor can i argue and not apologize for the ignorant draft thing. Auto draft is far more considerate with football than hockey.
But please don't make it out like I said/meant more than I did, like i said. Some of what you said isn't what I think- I'm not feeling like I'm being disrespectful or looking down on you like that, save the part I just apologized for, of course.

Let me think about the scoring system you just showed for a bit...I'm not promising anything more than an open mind about it!
Thanks man, I'm sure neither of us trying to be disrespectful in any way. I'm just trying to bring a fresh take on an old system we've been using for a while.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
I'm ok about the points. I drafted ok but not great based on the points we play for. Too many of my players were about goals/assists, rather than face offs, hits, pims etc.. I've worked hard to make my team hard to beat in this format. Made tough choices dropping big names as weren't getting me the right stats.

I do understand about people wanting different stats and I'm fine with that too, I will learn to adapt my team to those stats should we go that way. (Really agree with Project Panthers stats in another league that are based on more attacking points (pretty much how I drafted for this league)). Are we restricted in how many point categories we play for?
I respect you all have been playing for a long time and feel changes will make it better for you.

Whichever way you look at it, no matter what stats are picked, it's all about drafting, trading, picking up free agents based on this. I am thoroughly enjoying being a part of this fantasy league and hope you will continue to allow me to be a part of this. I have been very active and will continue to do so regardless of what stats are used to score points.

I have made 110 free agent signings and will continue to chop and change where needed, should players not be cutting it.

Thank you to the guys setting up the 2 leagues and hopefully will be seeing you guys in division 1 next season and giving you a challenge.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Anyone else’s app just crashing when you try to make a sub?

I was trying to put rust back in IR would just crash, decided to just drop him but now trying to put other healthy players in and it crashes? Wtf

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
And you're gonna go ahead and not only pick up Rangers to go against me, but put your recently acquired bad luck ju ju on them??

Low blows sir, low blows.
LOL desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sure Laf and Schneid will do absolutely nothing for me while Tro and Kreider tear it up for you :help:

Just go easy on me will ya? We're fighting for my playoff lives over here!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
LOL desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sure Laf and Schneid will do absolutely nothing for me while Tro and Kreider tear it up for you :help:

Just go easy on me will ya? We're fighting for my playoff lives over here!
Well lemme see...I can bench all my guys this week or bench all my guys next week, forget playoffs- the fight to stay up in the A! Oooh the power I hold !! 😂😂😂

• Love
Reactions: ProjectPanthers

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I’ve just given up at this point. My goal is not to be relegated lol
You got a chance as long as you make the playoffs, you can win the whole thing, just ask the guy you're currently lined up to face in round.1.

Good luck with that match up too, at least soften Cicc up a bit for me, will ya! 😂

Reactions: Panteras

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I accidentally dropped Mark Scheifele when I was adding a player to fill in for a player I moved to IR+. Lol. I was at work on my phone and my fat sweaty fingers hit Scheif on the add and drop page by mistake. I of course had to wait till he cleared waivers to try to get him back but he was claimed. Hey, I Am Not Exposed, wanna trade for him? I'll pick up Nicky Bjugstad to trade you!

• Haha
Reactions: Panteras

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad