OT: Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

What should the cap be set at? (in millions)

• Total voters

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I bet most people think their own team is the best, right? Haha

Definitely.

I love these games because it kind of makes you dive deeper into some players you wouldn't have known. Seems like Pelech is pretty underrated and I didn't know much about him before either. I know advanced stats isn't everything, but he's in pretty elite company. Trotz's system definitely helps, but he plays 21 minutes a night making 1.6 mil.

upload_2020-3-4_10-25-58-png.330851

Personally would love to know more about some more obscure players.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Definitely.

I love these games because it kind of makes you dive deeper into some players you wouldn't have known. Seems like Pelech is pretty underrated and I didn't know much about him before either. I know advanced stats isn't everything, but he's in pretty elite company. Trotz's system definitely helps, but he plays 21 minutes a night making 1.6 mil.

upload_2020-3-4_10-25-58-png.330851

Personally would love to know more about some more obscure players.
Imagine making these decisions based on /60 stats.

Meanwhile I was drafting based on holistic principles like "Do I value Elias Lindholm? How does his name feel on my roster when I write it down?"

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I think I kinda mixed both @UncleRisto @PAZ

The later the draft went, the more I focused on things like corsi, usage etc. In the the beginning I just went for guys that I like.

Perron was the first one I picked even though I don't like the player. Just too valuable pick considering where I got him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I pretty much just built my team as I would an NHL team. With only 12 teams it could have been fairly easy to fill the roster with exclusively Top 6 forwards and Top 4 Dmen.... But realistically those guys aren't going to perform well in a bottom 6 role not will the team fair well without having good defensive grinders to play some tougher minutes.

So I tried to fill my 3rd line with guys that have some offensive upside but are real strong two-way sorts, and then filled my 4th line with the absolute best possible checking line grinders I could find given what was left available.

I really wanted Coleman and Goodrow, but I had already selected two Tampa players and ended up waiting to long to choose one of them and lost out on both :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I really wanted Coleman and Goodrow, but I had already selected two Tampa players and ended up waiting to long to choose one of them and lost out on both :laugh:
Yeah, I identified Coleman as a target and got real excited for a bit only to notice he had gone SEVERAL rounds ago.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I pretty much just built my team as I would an NHL team. With only 12 teams it could have been fairly easy to fill the roster with exclusively Top 6 forwards and Top 4 Dmen.... But realistically those guys aren't going to perform well in a bottom 6 role not will the team fair well without having good defensive grinders to play some tougher minutes.

So I tried to fill my 3rd line with guys that have some offensive upside but are real strong two-way sorts, and then filled my 4th line with the absolute best possible checking line grinders I could find given what was left available.

Same here. I think my bottom 6 has guys that would actually play quite well in the bottom 6. I was very tempted to draft Drouin in the last couple rounds but kept thinking, he’s going to suck as my 3C/LW. Also I’m incredibly pleased to snag Coleman. I may have picked him a little early, but adding someone like him to the bottom 6 was huge.

Reactions: Murzu

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, I was just thinking you can't possibly think that with that steaming piece of horse shit! What a coincidence, right?

Oh I'm way too humble to point out how stacked my team is & how well built it is to shut down other super-teams; but I would also never stop you lot from pumping my team's tires...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Imagine making these decisions based on /60 stats.

Meanwhile I was drafting based on holistic principles like "Do I value Elias Lindholm? How does his name feel on my roster when I write it down?"

Aha I did that with the majority of my roster too. It was just some names further down the list I was like "is this guy actually good or is he another Nick Holden?"

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Alright boys it’s time to settle this. What’s the protocol for determining the winner and (crowning me) champion?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00