Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Leafs don't need bandwagoners, the team is too real this year
1715000586919.png

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
My primary team is the Wild.

I'm all in with Carolina. Although I don't know if it's bandwagon as I adopted the Hartford Whalers as my team after the North Stars.

West is tougher. So I will go with Vancouver... I guess. That tells you what I think about the rest of the West.

Although I do acknowledge McDavid and Drai are overdue. Who knows if Draisaitl will be on the roster for another playoff run in '25. We'll see.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My primary team is the Wild.

I'm all in with Carolina. Although I don't know if it's bandwagon as I adopted the Hartford Whalers as my team after the North Stars.

West is tougher. So I will go with Vancouver... I guess. That tells you what I think about the rest of the West.

Although I do acknowledge McDavid and Drai are overdue. Who knows if Draisaitl will be on the roster for another playoff run in '25. We'll see.
As a longtime Whalers fan myself, how can you root for the Hurricanes?? It’s sacrilege to root for their success in Connecticut. They’re the last team I want to see win the Cup (no offense, Canes fans — you all have nothing to do with my animosity towards the team).

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
As a longtime Whalers fan myself, how can you root for the Hurricanes?? It’s sacrilege to root for their success in Connecticut. They’re the last team I want to see win the Cup (no offense, Canes fans — you all have nothing to do with my animosity towards the team).
I totally get your reasoning. Completely. See: Dallas Stars. And yes when the Whalers left a couple years later, there was a bit of a existential crisis for me.

As an, at the time, Minnesota resident I empathized with what the Hartford fans were going through. I just didn't have the deep seated hometown roots, so them relocating didn't carry the same emotional gravitas. I lost one team, damned if I was going to lose another.

Thank you for indulging me in using gravitas. I love that word, but rarely get to use it. When I say it, I like to say it like Jack Palance.

Last edited:

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well it would be kind of nice to see teams that have never won the cup before....Florida and Vancouver.....other then that, I kind of like Dallas.......they may be the best team in the league.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Dallas due to the least amount of bad blood between them and the Leafs. Watching Edmonton win would be bittersweet but growing up in Aurora/Newmarket it would be nice to see McDavid hoist it.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
No one, I don't really care about other teams. Even those times I said I did...I lied.

This is the time of year where I get all worked up that they're going to draft this kid I don't want instead of the other 18 year old savior I do want. So in conclusion screw your playoffs, wake me up for the 1st round of the draft.

Nov 1, 2011
If/when the Knights get eliminated I'll probably cheer for the Jets. I've liked them this year and the Knights have knocked them out twice. Wouldn't mind the Panthers or Canucks though

Edit: or the Canes who I usually designate as a bandwagon. I guess they'd be second behind Winnipeg.

…could you “unlike” the Canucks before Wednesday please?

😉

Reactions: Summer Rose

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a Leafs fan, and I probably won't watch much hockey now until the Cup Final, now that my team is out early yet again.

But I'll be watching scoreboards and some highlights. And I hope Edmonton finally goes all the way. I've criticized them a ton in the past. But I just really want McDavid to get a Cup win. The guy is an all-time great, and it would be fun to see him lift a Cup. Fans deserve it.

Reactions: Kerberos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad