Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
In this order
  1. Dallas - Pavelski winning "Cup" would be really cool and one for the good Guys.
  2. Oilers - McDavid raising "Cup" would be awesome moment. Even seeing Corey Perry sending "Bad-Cup-Mojo" back to where it came from would be fun.
  3. Panthers - Never won "Cup" (Complete team > one has to give them their due).
  4. Canucks - Never won "Cup".
  5. Canes - Been close, solid team, and some player haven't won "Cup".
  6. Rangers - Been close, and gotta give team their due, a "Cup" would be well-earned.
  7. Ave's - Recent 'Cup".
  8. Boston - Playoff success but one more before leaving wouldn't be so bad.
  9. Vegas - To many reasons to list.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Rarely do I ever cheer for a team all the way through a playoff. It generally depends on who the underdog is, so it is matchup specific.

Then of course, there are teams i can never support under any circumstance.

Reactions: flying squirrel

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
1. Edmonton Oilers...want McDavid to cement his legacy like Crosby did around this time

2. Colorado Avalanche...Mackinnon and Makar 2 of the greatest players ever getting multiple cups would be nice

3. Vegas Golden Knights....love the chemistry of the team

4. Vancouver Canucks...An All American team: Miller, Hughes, Brock and Demko

5. Carolina Hurricanes...teams been good for so long not to win anything

6. NY Rangers....NY is NY greatest city for sports in North America...The garden always gives me goose bumps

Boston and Florida don't like them.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
As a Jets fan Colorado. Used to be my team growing up. But I think NYR win it all. If not them, I say Florida Panthers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In this order

Carolina-I like the jerks and bandwagon backup them every year. Would be happy for them

Florida-Don't like Tkachuk or Cousins but I'm a fan of Barkov and they're Anaheim's expansion brothers so why not? Would be happy for them.

New York-I am entirely neutral about them. I think Rempe is a meathead but other than that whatever. Would feel nothing if they won. Not gonna bandwagon.

Boston-I used to have petty reasons for disliking them but now I don't care about any of that and with Edwards retiring I have no negative interest in them. Would feel nothing if they won. Not gonna bandwagon.

Vancouver-I think any fanbase up North that breaks the Canada curse will be insufferable for at least 3-5 years so they have that going against them, but I generally like the players on their roster. Would feel nothing if they won.

Dallas-I respect them, but I don't want to see Jamie Benn win a cup. I'd be miffed for like a night if they won.

Colorado-I respect them (these days), but I don't like seeing teams win multiple cups in a short time frame with so many teams still waiting. I'd be miffed for like a night if they won.

Edmonton-Same thing I said about Canadian fanbases plus I don't like Evander Kane plus I still have left over annoyance from Edmonton winning the McDavid lottery after monopolizing the first overall pick three years in a row. Those first three picks not really panning out doesn't change anything. I don't respect that they didn't really put their team build into serious gear until they got McDavid. Would be pissed if they won.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I dont do bandwagons and after my team is out Im not "a fan" of any other team, but I do have teams that I dont hate as much as others... Fortunately the nr1 enemies are all out already, so its pretty easy to just sit back and see it unfold.

So ill take

1. Stars
- Pavelski deserves a cup. Benn can have one. Theres lots of Finns so sure, why not. Also like that they have drafted well, traded well and just a good ran organization overall.
2. Panthers
- Barkov, Okposo, Tkachuk. Also couple other Finns. No cup yet, last years lost in the finals. No problem with them winning it this time.
3. Oilers
- I dont like that they have multiple cups before, but its been enough time since their last one. Didnt like the decade where they had all the 1st overalls and still managed to keep on sucking year after year, but McDrai+Hyman do deserve one, so why not this year. Also tired of hearing the stupid old narrative "no cups, they are losers" mantra. Though it would be fun little storyline if they lose in the finals with Perry..
4. Hurricanes
- They've done good job to get where they are. Brind'Amour is cool. Lots of Finns. And couple veterans who should have a day with the cup, like Burns. Has some minuses too, though, like DeAngelo, and the "bunch of jerks" things was fun at the beginning but just went over and became cringy at some point. Not sure how I would feel Kuzy lifting the cup with Canes. Entertaining organization what so ever.
5. Canucks
- I dont have a lot of "feelings" about this years Canucks. But they've had some rough years and dont have a cup yet, so have no complaints should they go all the way.
6. Rangers
- Some players I like, some I dont, overally dont have much of veterans who just "deserve it" or "its their turn". Went through full rebuild just to come short, but traded and signed well to round it out. Dont have much to complain, overally dont just like they have the advantage of UFA's wanting to go NY. Having players like Panarin and Fox for free just because its NY... yes, im jealous.
7. Bruins
- Ive always hated, but somehow also had a sort of soft spot for the RatKing too. And the older he gets, the more intangibles he brings and its gotten to a point you just have to respect the hell out of what he is doing and how he is doing it, and what he has already done too. Its a cool story as a whole too how after losing Bergeron, Krejci and all of their old core they were supposed to finally suck, but no. They just keep winning the adversities and you got to respect that. Only reason they are this low is that they already have so much of success in the 2000's.
8. Avs
- Most recent winner of who are left here, and almost their whole core is still intact after it. They had their cup, they've had it before and at this time they are a perennial contender anyways, I dont mind them winning it but Id rather see someone else there who've had tougher times lately.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad