Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I haven't been invested in any team in years, and just enjoyed the hockey, and after Bergeron retired my favorite player is Pavelski so I'm really rooting for him.
He's been twice to the finals and I just so want him to get there a third time and win it all this time around.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd love to see Pavelski or Burns lift the Cup. I've had a soft spot for the Canes for years. McDavid would be nice too.

Reactions: D1az

Razor Face

Feb 17, 2020
Was hoping the Pens grabbed the last WC in the east to see Crosby get another run.

With that said I'd love to see the Oilers go on a run... just so much fun to watch.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
My Preds are in, so I'll be following them.

Beyond that... having seen how so many Oil fans have reacted to the Coyotes' last game, I'm going with anyone playing against Edmonton, now and for the forseeable future.
You may be giving too much agency to a minority of very vocal people. The Phoenix area is an very common winter destination for Albertans, with a huge number of snowbirds who spend a good part of the winter there. The franchise has benefitted substantially these individuals. In fact a fair number of people on the Oiler board have gone to games in Phoenix for years. My sense is that even for many of those who are critical there is a significant amount of sympathy for the Coyote's fans. What there is is less sympathy for how the NHL has managed the Coyote's situation over the years.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You may be giving too much agency to a minority of very vocal people. The Phoenix area is an very common winter destination for Albertans, with a huge number of snowbirds who spend a good part of the winter there. The franchise has benefitted substantially these individuals. In fact a fair number of people on the Oiler board have gone to games in Phoenix for years. My sense is that even for many of those who are critical there is a significant amount of sympathy for the Coyote's fans. What there is is less sympathy for how the NHL has managed the Coyote's situation over the years.
To be perfectly frank, that's not what I saw at all.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
To be perfectly frank, that's not what I saw at all.
But your view is pretty limited with respect to Oilers fans overall. HF Boards on the whole is a pretty small sample with those who post on the main boards being an even smaller and often more extreme sample. And like any form of social media those with negative views on a subject being much more likely to post than those who are sympathetic. Remember, a lot of us know what it is like to have your franchise decimated and to be on the verge of losing it.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Caps fan, so once they're out (probably) I'll have to go with one of:
* The Stars (Pavelski)
* The Canes (despite being a regional rival, I have a soft spot for them and the 'Jerks' shtick.
* Oilers (because McDavid deserves a Cup)

Reactions: Mez

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Another Devils fan rooting for the Stars, Always liked the organization since the 2000's cup and their current roster is sort of 2000-2003 Devils like. I just wish they would go back to their old Jerseys from back in the day, They were so cool.

Reactions: Summer Rose

muddywaters

GO FLAMES GO
Jul 12, 2006
Cedarbrae
Whatever team is playing either Vancouver Edmonton Winnipeg or Toronto ... I want ALL Canadian teams GONE and not watching until they are .. to be honest once the Flames are out season's over for me .. I can watch a SCF game if in position and the teams are American... GO STAMPS GO !!!!

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Washington's my second team, but I'm not expecting a long drive on their bandwagon. Assuming they're eliminated, I'll cheer for Vancouver to win their first Cup. If not, then Dallas or Edmonton. I have nothing against Winnipeg, except my Habs have their 1st pick.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Frankly I'm having a hard time finding any team out of the East I'd root for. Maybe the Rangers?

From the West I'd say the Kings, Jets, Predators.

Even though they're division rivals, I'll root for Washington. Want to see Ovie win another one.

I mean, it's not a bad pick purely for getting to watch his drunken month-long celebration after winning.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad