Fans in the stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Any word on when the Province will begin to allow fans in the stands?

Whatever team wins the North division is going to be facing a potentially huge disadvantage facing American teams who have fans.

Obviously, fans give the home team a huge boost and extra motivation.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's an unprecedented situation that definitely creates an unfair advantage for the American teams, but what can the NHL realistically do about it?

The federal and provincial governments ultimately make the decisions.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Doubt the government is changing their tune on sports teams going back and forth over the border so the attendance amount is irrelevant past next round.

Hopefully they do a final 4 in one nuetral location but we'll see. I feel the north teams are going to get shafted.

The league is finally starting to generate ticket revenue. I think it will continue in the current format.

If we are fortunate enough to advance to the 3rd round, and the current trajectory continues regarding the pandemic, maybe there could be a few thousand fans allowed at Scotia Bank arena at that point.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
It's an unprecedented situation that definitely creates an unfair advantage for the American teams, but what can the NHL realistically do about it?

The federal and provincial governments ultimately make the decisions.

You're absolutely right. There isn't much the NHL can do...

The only thing I can think of is that the NHL turn up the heat a bit on Canadian govts to allow "some" fans in the stands.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

Whatever team wins the North division is going to be facing a potentially huge disadvantage facing American teams who have fans.

that would be in stage 3 of the current reopen, last week of July bare minimum if everything went perfectly.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
You're absolutely right. There isn't much the NHL can do...

The only thing I can think of is that the NHL turn up the heat a bit on Canadian govts to allow "some" fans in the stands.

I think they’d have the leafs play their games in some American state that allows fans

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The North division series are boring as hell tbh. It's bad when you don't even really enjoy watching your teams series because you see the American teams series and the buildings just rocking and makes the game feel much more intense.

Reactions: Auston 316

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
With the way our three levels of government have been finger pointing and in-fighting, I wouldn't expect to see fans until October.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021

There was almost no change in home winning % when the league went from fans to no fans

53% give or take a few points

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
The North division series are boring as hell tbh. It's bad when you don't even really enjoy watching your teams series because you see the American teams series and the buildings just rocking and makes the game feel much more intense.
They are boring without fans in the stands.

If the Leafs were to allow fans, it would have to come with the caveat of no corporate suits allowed. It would be louder with piped in fan noise instead of suits.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
generally the corporate suits are left at home in the playoffs.

also, cost of tickets prohibits many from purchasing, aside from corporations.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Tickets for Game 6 in MTL went on sale today @ 6pm... season ticket holders had first access max 4 per account; assume they bought the 2500 up pretty quickly. These tickets are now popping up on the Ticketmater resale market... prices are like $1500 for 2 tickets; not that there will be a game 6! I'd say you could double those prices for TOR.

I've yet to see a game in Toronto, planning on going next fall once all this Covid non-sense has been dealt with.

The Feds have no say, I do believe it is up to the Province and then the City to allow fans.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I've enjoyed every single minute of beating the habs senseless.

Reactions: Gallagbi

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

It's too dangerous.... They should contemplate playing at Walmart.....

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If we follow the cautious stepped plan Ford laid out it will be impossible to have fans prior to the end of season. Perhaps he modifies because things have improved quicker than initially projected. It will be a BIG disadvantage when we move out of the North and face building full of rabid fans and then move to our empty arena. Will be a huge hurdle, almost unfair, but what can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad