News Article: Fans in the stands

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Nice!

I think Germany is behind Canada in vaccinations and they allowed 777 for the first football match in Rostock last weekend. Only testing on site, no vaccinations. Next will be some thousands.

In Russia they were offering free vaccines at the gates of football matches! (at least the game for Zenit St Petersburg it was reported)

I think it's super cool if done safely. I also saw they had some dance party in Amsterdam following the same kind of strategy. We need to find a way to DO THINGS safely, not just STOP DOING EVERYTHING (imo).

w1900_h1068_x886_y469_DPA_bfunk_dpa_5FA4E80058900CEA-f58dbcbd882cb0e9.jpg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think it's super cool if done safely. I also saw they had some dance party in Amsterdam following the same kind of strategy. We need to find a way to DO THINGS safely, not just STOP DOING EVERYTHING (imo).
exactly but it's easier to give up and do nothing then finding ways around a problem

and a lot of these rules make little sense...I can go to the biggest mall in North America for hours on end masked up
but going to a socially distanced Sporting event for a few hours safely? impossible

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
exactly but it's easier to give up and do nothing then finding ways around a problem

and a lot of these rules make little sense...I can go to the biggest mall in North America for hours on end masked up
but going to a socially distanced Sporting event for a few hours safely? impossible
I'd love to fire those un-innovative risk-averse people. Even if they are replaced with new morons for another cycle at least the old morons aren't tolerated.

Here (.de) we're past like 165 days of lockdown... just got extended (nearly the only thing "they" know how to do). Only now some small innovations like attending sporting events and some shopping if you book an appointment. It's easily 4 months where no common person could exercise in a gym, "sport hall", ice rink, etc.. maybe only if you got a doctors note to go to a special fitness place because you're near suicide or rehabbing from surgery. Forget shopping, like 100% closed except groceries and pharmacy 4 months.

I think only now as warm weather returns, other countries vaccinate and open up, and people get sick of the rules do you see some innovation.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
There’s no reason at all there can’t be 5000 fans a game right now.

Our government is the worst. Feds and local
People are still complaining that we are allowing indoor dining and not completely locked down, imagine the crying if fans were allowed at hockey games here. It honestly blows my mind how people are ok living like this and its frustrating seeing 2000 fans watching an NCAA hockey game in north dakota. You can't tell me a few thousand fans can't watch a game safely in a 18000-20000 seat building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad