The Athletic Fan survey results are in

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Can't even take a survey without being a subscriber? :-/

As a subscriber, I have to say I have mixed feelings about non-subscribers voting. I definitely don't want to get the bunch who post negative replies to everything on Sabres Facebook or Instagram to get a voice if they aren't invested enough to subscribe to the Athletic.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
As a subscriber, I have to say I have mixed feelings about non-subscribers voting. I definitely don't want to get the bunch who post negative replies to everything on Sabres Facebook or Instagram to get a voice if they aren't invested enough to subscribe to the Athletic.

Yeah, I kinda get it with the Facebook comment, but it's still disappointing and doesn't give a particularly accurate set of statistics if the sample size is limited out of the gate, as you're already saying your participants have to have enough disposal income to subscribe to an online magazine. So yeah, you're weeding out some chaff, but you're also missing the opinions of knowledgeable fans who have different financial priorities.

Reactions: debaser66

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Going off the comments on The Athletic articles, I am not sure there is a huge difference.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
I take it you aren't a fan of the 14th amendment either huh Andrew Johnson?

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44 and Lt Dan

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yeah, I kinda get it with the Facebook comment, but it's still disappointing and doesn't give a particularly accurate set of statistics if the sample size is limited out of the gate, as you're already saying your participants have to have enough disposal income to subscribe to an online magazine. So yeah, you're weeding out some chaff, but you're also missing the opinions of knowledgeable fans who have different financial priorities.

The Athletic isn’t that expensive. I’m kicking myself for missing their Boxing Day sale a couple years ago where a subscription was 50 cents a month tho.

Reactions: Dingo44

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
So for those who did the google doc survey...who's your goalie of the future?
I voted Levi. I think skill wise they all have good fundamentals. I think the thing Levi has is his drive and desire to improve. I'm not saying that UPL and Portillo don't have that same desire, but Levi seems different somehow. How many young goalies want NHL players to shoot on them when they are 14 years old?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad