Fan Fest 2014/15 September 27th

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Fan fest is a week away. One of the perks is the Q&A.
What question do you wanna ask?
I want to ask a budget question, but I want to work for the Sens one day in the future and don't want to piss off the wrong people.

I will probably ask what does Ryan have against mayo on a burger?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
JUST AS A REMINDER FOR MY FELLOW JERSEY COLLECTORS/ GAME USED EQUIPMENT COLLECTORS:

Yes, this is also the Used Equipment & Jersey Sale. Remember to get there early, the good cheap stuff goes fast. Here's the article, in case anyone wants full details.

the Sens Store will host a new and used team equipment and game worn jersey sale in the team’s Vintage store on the 100-level concourse. The sale will include game-used jerseys, game-used skates, gloves and sticks from recent seasons.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Will the Sens spend to the cap if the GM believes the team is able to compete for a cup, and players who could improve the team are available?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd loooove to ask a budget question (like, wth are they going to do when the salary floor is 60+ million?), but we all know they'd never answer something like that.

I'd say something along the lines of: What is the organization doing to become a more attractive destination for (premier/top tier) free agents? What is the team doing (besides trying to win, because every team is working on that) to make Ottawa a place to be for both the short and long term?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Won a meet and greet!

The autograph wristbands are being handed out on the 200L, and were mostly prospects.

The marquee players are at the meet and greets apparently.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Won a meet and greet!

The autograph wristbands are being handed out on the 200L, and were mostly prospects.

The marquee players are at the meet and greets apparently.
So basically they combined last years fan fest with the one before that.

I'll be there around 11ish wearing a Lehner Heritage Classic jersey

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'll be there around 11ish wearing a Lehner Heritage Classic jersey

Ya, I think I saw you. You were wearing a Lehner jersey, like 200 other guys.. :laugh:

Seriously though, there sure are a lot of Karlsson jerseys.

Had to laugh at one guy with a knock off white Heritage jersey. They are soo lame!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
For part two of the scratch ticket players, there was Lehner, Hoffman, Borowiecki, Gryba, Cowen, Wiercioch, and Greening. Kind of disappointing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Will the Sens spend to the cap if the GM believes the team is able to compete for a cup, and players who could improve the team are available?

You might want to ask the following question?

As Bryan Murray has recently indicated that he believes the current Senators roster is a playoff team, does this mean that the team is now considered to be competitive for a cup and the team will now spend to the top of the salary cap? If not, then when does the team anticipate it will be competitive for the cup and spend to the cap to acquire more talented players?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Was disappointed that we could not speak to management. I did ask Stone if he is going to line up his brother when they play this year.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
Had a great time. MacArthur tossed an old game puck over the glass for my boy at the end of practice, then we got it and his heritage jersey signed up by a few prospects. He I still hanging onto it lol. Got some good pics with Smitty and Zibby too. A good day.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
I thought the event was pretty great for its first time. The Kyle Turris bobblehead alone was worth the $10. Add in the scrimmage, practices, fan Q&As, 50% off food, and the autograph/photo sessions it was a morning/afternoon well spent.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I was there, had a great time.

we got about 15 Scratch tickets when we entered, and only 1 was for one for the meet and greets (the rest were 10% off first two games, 20% off sens store, or 20% off Sens House). We were in the first group, and there was Method, Michalek, Anderson, Neil, MacArthur, Legwand, and we had finished up and gone before the 7th person was announced. We got Michalek, very nice guy, laid back.

Also got a Pageau signature and Claesson. so 3 signatures in 1 hour, not sure if thats good or normal

Also got to meet and get stuff signed by some alumni, all of them were really nice, Van Allen and White seemed a bit shy, and York and Donovan came off as very laid back, really chilled guys.

They were giving away bobbleheads at the end and we walked out with an extra 4, anyone wanna trade?

Scrimmage was fun to watch, Boro was going a little too hard maybe, seemed to sting Zbad at one point, and laid a dirty shot on another guy that didn't look to impressed.

Bobby Ryan looked awesome, hussled and made a great play to takeaway the puck while on the PK.

Legwand impressed.

Robinson looks huge on the Ice

Dzingel (sp?) has awesome speed!

Chiasson stood out too

Equipment sale, first time going, didn't buy too much, but pretty impressive. Bought some decent shoulder pads for $10...not sure if its cause they have #18 on it or not (JOB?! cursed?!)

Last edited:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
geez, i forgot the highlight!

a teen in a Sundin Leafs jersey...not only wearing said jersey, but asking Michalek to sign it (Michalek trying not to laugh)....should have taken a photo of it!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00