Fallout 4: Still wandering the wasteland

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Glad to hear that because I can't get a stable 60 fps on this game on a 5900x and 3080 lol, the game is horribly optimized. Looking forward to starting a new survival run when this drops.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Glad to hear that because I can't get a stable 60 fps on this game on a 5900x and 3080 lol, the game is horribly optimized. Looking forward to starting a new survival run when this drops.
Are you playing at 4K with Ultra settings and the High Resolution Texture Pack? That's the only combination that appears to dip below 60fps on the 3080. It sounds like it's just the texture pack that the game isn't well optimized for. Without that pack, it looks like the 3080 gets ~120fps at 4K with Ultra settings. Maybe you should try disabling it. You could also try lowering shadow distance to High, which someone said will eliminate the <60fps dips. If you're not even playing at 4K or with the texture pack, then maybe you need to disable all mods, re-install the game and/or re-install your graphics drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikeaveli

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Is this going to be like Skyrim HD where new mods need to be created to be compatible with the new version?

I have about 1.5k hours in the game (I enjoy settlement building) and cannot go back to playing vanilla-FO4.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Is this going to be like Skyrim HD where new mods need to be created to be compatible with the new version?

I have about 1.5k hours in the game (I enjoy settlement building) and cannot go back to playing vanilla-FO4.
I believe that what broke the old Skyrim mods was the upgrade of the original 32-bit application to 64-bit. I'm pretty sure that Fallout 4 is already 64-bit, so we shouldn't have that problem this time around. Mods might still be broken for other reasons, though.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I played thru earlier this year on gamepass and played thru the main questline, but when I loaded the DLC something got jacked up and the bleeding and smoke effects started to be pixelated like it was minecraft or something, so I quit at that point.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Are you playing at 4K with Ultra settings and the High Resolution Texture Pack? That's the only combination that appears to dip below 60fps on the 3080. It sounds like it's just the texture pack that the game isn't well optimized for. Without that pack, it looks like the 3080 gets ~120fps at 4K with Ultra settings. Maybe you should try disabling it. You could also try lowering shadow distance to High, which someone said will eliminate the <60fps dips. If you're not even playing at 4K or with the texture pack, then maybe you need to disable all mods, re-install the game and/or re-install your graphics drivers.
I was playing the game at 1440p Ultra completely vanilla, the average FPS was around 80 but with constant large frame time spikes. I installed the High FPS Physics Fix mod just now and it now runs properly at 144 FPS. Hopefully this update will integrate these fixes into the game

Reactions: Osprey

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
I got these 2 achievements bugged:
- New England Vacationer (Discover 20 Far Habor Locations)
- Push Back The Fog (Unlock 3 Far Harbor Workshop)

Someone got a way to overcome the issue?

Edit: They unlocked 24 hours later.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tried to replay Fallout 4 in October, again, and still couldn't push past the halfway mark of the game. I just can't. Went back to Skyrim again for the first time in a while and it still holds up so well, I actually forgot how good it was in many respects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad