Pre-Game Talk: Falling at the feet of Florida - Now with 1st goal of game Pool!

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
That's....interesting.

Did Tippett actually do something different??

Or did Rishaug accidentally switch McDavid's and Draisaitl's names?

Edit: Nevermind, Michaels tweeted the same thing. Maybe someone different is coaching practice...we can all dream, I suppose

Reactions: ujju2 and ZJuice

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Florida has scored a minimum of 4 goals every game for like a month straight now.. which is like...10 games.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

Tippett is only figuring it out now that this team lacks intensity and is afraid of the front of the net and physical contact.

See what happens but pretty sure we will be back to the half speed flow drills and pretty passing practice come Wednesday.

If we win we for sure are back to that next practice....if we lose I'm not really sure what happens anymore

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Barrie
Russell-Bouchard
Thats almost good. I rather switch Bouchard and Barrie but I have been saying we need to put Ceci with Nurse, have the top pairing be our 2 best defenders.

Reactions: RegDunlop

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Finally draisaitl gets 2 big bodies to support his game.

Dave Tippet checkbox ;

Fogele with McDavid ;
it was like after 32 games

- yamamoto on third line; took 35 games
  1. Draisaitl playing with Hyman; 36 games
Nuge tried as the third center; hasnt happend yet.

I like thlse lines. Well see.
How wild isnt it with Perlini woth McD??
Lets see if McDavid is re vitalised.
He and Jesse just think and play the game diffrent, doesnt fit together for now. Meanwhile Jesse has found new playmates on other lines.

Finally DRY line is dissolved.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Darnell Nurse should be the Captain of this team. jmo. He's rounding out to be the teams best player. He had a slow start this season but lately he's been knocking it out of the park. His play on Saturday again was impeccable and he was by miles the strongest Oilers player trying to get a result. He had 3 Bobby Orr type rushes in the game, got open on two of them, and was stymying the Sens all night. He was awesome, and this just continuing.

The same Darnell Nurse played 62mins, perfectly, in a playoff game last spring. When things are the worst here look who shows up bigtime, every time. Been a long time since we could say that about Connor or Leon.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
My prediction is that Koskinen will be next on covid protocol before the Panthers game so Konovalov should get his first start.

That or the bandaged body of Mike Smith will make an appearance (and he will promptly catch covid also)

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Sure is nice to see them battling with some sort of intensity in practice! All it took was 12 losses in a row with the current head coach behind the bench.

Seriously though, is the media just pointing this “intensity” out now to give some illusion of real change occurring on the team since the management isn’t actually doing anything?

Does a typical oilers practice not include battle drills where you actually put in an effort?

Why is this considered “good news”?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
5-2 Oilers. I'll play optimist.

The Oilers are better than they've shown and theres nothing like anger to bring some resolve. The Oilers will come out strong. Its how they finish now that is more a concern.

People were saying the Oilers were perimeter in the Sens game. That wasn't the case. One minute in the game Drai had a slot opportunity, McD had 3 in the period. Kass scored from the slot, Yama scored on a breakaway, the Oilers Hyman, Foegele, Pulju were doing plenty of bulling the puck towards the net. These better habits are developing. But we need to bag some results.

cyberpunk

Feb 7, 2009
in for a penny in for a pound, I say roll with Konovalov, I was like who's going to be in net with Skinner in covid. I bet you Konovalov is going to out play Koski and Skinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad