Fall 2021 Prospect Ranking #15

Who is the Sabres' #15 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Owen Power, D (NR): 64/71 votes (90.1%). Runner up: JJ Peterka (4 votes)
  2. Peyton Krebs, C (NR)
  3. J.J. Peterka, LW/RW (+2): 65/102 votes (63.7%). Runner up: Jack Quinn (33 votes).
  4. Jack Quinn, RW (-1): 55/74 votes (74.3%). Runner up: Isak Rosen (7 votes)
  5. Isak Rosen, LW/C (NR): 26/69 votes (37.7%). Runner up: Ryan Johnson (13 votes).
  6. Ryan Johnson, D (+1): 37/84 votes (44%). Runner up: Mattias Samuelsson (15 votes).
  7. Mattias Samuelsson, D (+3): 37/77 votes (48.1%). Runner up: Prokhor Poltapov (16 votes).
  8. Prokhor Poltapov, LW/RW (NR): 32/88 votes (36.4%). Runner up: Devon Levi (26 votes).
  9. Devon Levi, G (NR): 29/70 votes (41.4%). Runner up: Erik Portillo (23 votes).
  10. Erik Portillo, G (+5): 26/45 votes (57.8%). Runner up: Arttu Ruotsalainen (7 votes).
  11. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G (-7): 23/65 votes (35.4%). Runner up: Linus Weissbach (12 votes).
  12. Arttu Ruotsalainen, C/LW (-6): 27/67 votes (40.3%). Runner up: Oskari Laaksonen (13 votes).
  13. Oskari Laaksonen, D (--): 22/68 votes (32.4%). Runners up: Alexander Kisakov and Linus Weissbach (16 votes).
  14. Linus Weissbach, LW/RW (+3): 21/58 votes (36.8%). Runner up: Alexander Kisakov (18 votes).
RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2021-22 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2021);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.
NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Stiven Sardaryan, Aaron Huglen, Viljami Marjala, William Von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Tyson Kozak, Vasily Glotov, Brandon Biro
  • Defensemen: Miska Kukkonen, Linus Cronholm, Filip Nyberg, William Worge Kreu, Albert Lyckasen

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Between nadeau and novikov but the edge will go to the guy getting time in the khl.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Is Krebs really better than Quinn? I mean both Krebs and Quinn are from same draft year and Quinn is doing much better so far, same can be said for Peterka.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I'm not voting on this because I don't watch these guys play, but Bloom and Nadeau are putting up some nice numbers. I was interested to see what would happen with Bloom after sitting out for a year. I would suspect he is only going to get better as the season moves on. Of course, Kisakov is playing in a much harder league, so I wouldn't expect his numbers to be that impressive this year.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Is Krebs really better than Quinn? I mean both Krebs and Quinn are from same draft year and Quinn is doing much better so far, same can be said for Peterka.
Krebs was drafted in '19. Quinn in '20. I don't think you can say that Quinn is doing much better than Krebs based on the small sample size and the differences in where they have played. It will be interesting to re-evaluate their progress in a few months.

Reactions: EichHart

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I like that we're at 15 and still have options for guys who are performing at a high level in their respective leagues.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Russians need to be good to make the KHL as opposed to their feeder leagues, especially at 18. So both?
Typically yes, but I didn't know if there could have been any special circumstances, like injuries, a team desperate for size, etc.

I voted for him given the fact he's in the khl but am curious to know how hes actually looking

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Krebs was drafted in '19. Quinn in '20. I don't think you can say that Quinn is doing much better than Krebs based on the small sample size and the differences in where they have played. It will be interesting to re-evaluate their progress in a few months.

I just think Quinn is a better prospect than Krebs, higher upside as #1 winger vs #2/3 Center. His shot is ridiculous, better than Olofsson imo

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Our prospect depth is amazing, just about every guy on the board and 1-2 that haven't been added yet are guys I could see getting to the NHL for at least a cup of coffee.

I like that we're at 15 and still have options for guys who are performing at a high level in their respective leagues.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Typically yes, but I didn't know if there could have been any special circumstances, like injuries, a team desperate for size, etc.

I voted for him given the fact he's in the khl but am curious to know how hes actually looking

I’ve taken in two of his games where he’s played and looked good. Combined with the history that it’s so rare for an 18 year old to be playing regular shift in that league and it’s not to be an injury issue but some thing where he earned it out of camp, I have him much higher than this on my personal ranking list.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I’ve taken in two of his games where he’s played and looked good. Combined with the history that it’s so rare for an 18 year old to be playing regular shift in that league and it’s not to be an injury issue but some thing where he earned it out of camp, I have him much higher than this on my personal ranking list.

The only reason I don't is the Russian Factor. As a prospect, he should be higher. As an NHL prospect...there's always that concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad