Fall 2021 Prospect Ranking #12

Who is the Sabres' #12 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Owen Power, D (NR): 64/71 votes (90.1%). Runner up: JJ Peterka (4 votes)
  2. Peyton Krebs, C (NR)
  3. J.J. Peterka, LW/RW (+2): 65/102 votes (63.7%). Runner up: Jack Quinn (33 votes).
  4. Jack Quinn, RW (-1): 55/74 votes (74.3%). Runner up: Isak Rosen (7 votes)
  5. Isak Rosen, LW/C (NR): 26/69 votes (37.7%). Runner up: Ryan Johnson (13 votes).
  6. Ryan Johnson, D (+1): 37/84 votes (44%). Runner up: Mattias Samuelsson (15 votes).
  7. Mattias Samuelsson, D (+3): 37/77 votes (48.1%). Runner up: Prokhor Poltapov (16 votes).
  8. Prokhor Poltapov, LW/RW (NR): 32/88 votes (36.4%). Runner up: Devon Levi (26 votes).
  9. Devon Levi, G (NR): 29/70 votes (41.4%). Runner up: Erik Portillo (23 votes).
  10. Erik Portillo, G (+5): 26/45 votes (57.8%). Runner up: Arttu Ruotsalainen (7 votes).
  11. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G (-7): 23/65 votes (35.4%). Runner up: Linus Weissbach (12 votes).
RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2021-22 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2021);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.
NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Matej Pekar, Matteo Costantini, Stiven Sardaryan, Aaron Huglen, Viljami Marjala, William Von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Tyson Kozak, Vasily Glotov, Brandon Biro
  • Defensemen: Casey Fitzgerald, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Cronholm, Filip Nyberg, William Worge Kreu, Albert Lyckasen

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Kisakov, Add Huglen

I'm honestly surprised at myself at how far R2 has fallen in my own estimation that I prefer Kisakov here over him. I had pretty high hopes for him coming into this year.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
7 KA choices so far ?, 4 non ?, impressive. Botts really was horrible!

I like Pekar, Kisakov, Weissbach, Laaksonen here soon.

If the Russian kids come over and turn out....fingers crossed

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
7 KA choices so far ?, 4 non ?, impressive. Botts really was horrible!

I like Pekar, Kisakov, Weissbach, Laaksonen here soon.

If the Russian kids come over and turn out....fingers crossed

Shiny toy syndrome. And the high Botts picks are in the NHL, so they don’t count in this. But yea, Bryson, Dahlin, Cozens, Samuelsson and 6K have all played. Fans are high on Weissbach, Laaksonen and Portillo, some are on Cederquist and Rousek and Pekar.

Now what they become we have no idea.

EDIT: I forgot all about Johnson.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
His AHL struggles also haven’t helped. But this fanbase is extremely reactionary.
He had a few good games last season when filling in, I still have faith (didn't the same thing happen to Ullmark's development path ?). Would be great to UPL, Portillo, Levi.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
He had a few good games last season when filling in, I still have faith (didn't the same thing happen to Ullmark's development path ?). Would be great to UPL, Portillo, Levi.

Yea. Mind you Ullmark got lucky because he was able to have a full regular season after surgery. Whereas 6K has had to deal with one season getting shuttered, and the next season getting bounced between 3 different leagues before suffering a completely different injury. And even with the one team, he kept having to sign loan contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad