"Fake" Wild jerseys

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
What are your thoughts on them? I notice the fighting strap is the most obvious sign of a "fake" (Chinese-made) jersey.

Granted, the "real" jerseys are manufactured in Indonesia, with people probably making $1/hr in some sweat-shop, what are your thoughts on "fake" Wild jerseys?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What are your thoughts on them? I notice the fighting strap is the most obvious sign of a "fake" (Chinese-made) jersey.

Granted, the "real" jerseys are manufactured in Indonesia, with people probably making $1/hr in some sweat-shop, what are your thoughts on "fake" Wild jerseys?
The worst fake jerseys are the ones where the colors are clearly "wrong".

Like the white jersey with the red numbers, the red numbers will be a clear wrong shade of red.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I just got one of each - a real and a fake. The fight strap is a glaring give away. I might post pics tomorrow.

Gotta be honest, for $40 for the Winter Classic I just got, I'm plenty happy with it. And if I spill spaghetti sauce on it I won't be so mad. In fact I ordered another one today. Worst thing was shipping time it took 2 months to get to me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just got one of each - a real and a fake. The fight strap is a glaring give away. I might post pics tomorrow.

Gotta be honest, for $40 for the Winter Classic I just got, I'm plenty happy with it. And if I spill spaghetti sauce on it I won't be so mad. In fact I ordered another one today. Worst thing was shipping time it took 2 months to get to me.
The fight strap may be a clear give away, but it is only a giveaway to the individual wearing it.

The nice thing about authentics vs replica vs fake? Authentics LAST! Just wash them in cold water and air dry, they are otherwise indestructible. Yes, you don't want to stain them, but I've never had a problem with spilling on myself, so I'm not concerned. ;)

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah...the green ones are typically the worst because the green/wheat colors are so far off that they are easy to spot from a mile away. also the letters are wrong on the nameplates.

It's tough. I probably wouldn't buy a fake one anymore but I find it hard to blame anyone for doing so because of the price of the 'real' or even the replica ones. People can do what they want as long as it's not harming anyone else :)

Whenever I'm at a game, though, we walk around in the intermission and I can't help but play the 'real or fake' game. Talking about the JERSEYS here of course.

Reactions: TaLoN

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The fight strap may be a clear give away, but it is only a giveaway to the individual wearing it.

The nice thing about authentics vs replica vs fake? Authentics LAST! Just wash them in cold water and air dry, they are otherwise indestructible. Yes, you don't want to stain them, but I've never had a problem with spilling on myself, so I'm not concerned. ;)

I have a few of the old (original Wild) replica (without/fight strap) jerseys - I have a white Gaborik - and they were actual pretty well made, I always felt. I felt just looking at it it was real similar in quality to the authentics (w/fight strap)

I think the Chinese one I just bought fits the bill - I justwant to be able to wear it and not worry about it getting thrashed.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have a few of the old (original Wild) replica (without/fight strap) jerseys - I have a white Gaborik - and they were actual pretty well made, I always felt. I felt just looking at it it was real similar in quality to the authentics (w/fight strap)

I think the Chinese one I just bought fits the bill - I justwant to be able to wear it and not worry about it getting thrashed.
They may "look" similar, but the material is a lot thinner on the replicas. The idea of the replicas though is the look, so mission accomplished.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah...the green ones are typically the worst because the green/wheat colors are so far off that they are easy to spot from a mile away. also the letters are wrong on the nameplates.

It's tough. I probably wouldn't buy a fake one anymore but I find it hard to blame anyone for doing so because of the price of the 'real' or even the replica ones. People can do what they want as long as it's not harming anyone else :)

Whenever I'm at a game, though, we walk around in the intermission and I can't help but play the 'real or fake' game. Talking about the JERSEYS here of course.
Had a good chuckle at that one.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I don’t look down on anyone buying/owning/wearing knockoff jerseys. Do what makes you happy.

That said, I’m planning on buying a MiC or game-worn jersey at the next Hockey Lodge equipment sale. I have a small Adidas Indo collection and I’ve heard the MiC quality is worth the investment.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
They're not fake. They're 'alternately manufactured'.

Pretty sure that's how that works. Just change the language and it should be ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad