"Fake" crowd noise

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Hipster? More like anti hipster. THIS is old fashioned. You wouldn't have any instruments in arenas in the pre-90's. Are you too young to know what hipster really means?

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. What the hell do you call the organ at the old time arenas? The old Chicago Stadium had a pipe organ that could rattle the roof. Let me guess, FAKE CROWD NOISE??? The Montreal Canadiens had a trumpet player that led the crowd cheering for years during the 60's and 70's. Let me guess, FAKE CROWD NOISE??? You want to talk about fake crowd noise, look no further than the loud obnoxious music every team pipes into their arena after every single stoppage in play. That's FAKE CROWD NOISE. Christ, I can barely have a conversation with the person next to me because of the volume of the FAKE CROWD NOISE. Or does that not count to you young hipsters?

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :naughty:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Well the fun police are back out...

Chill out man, it's just something else to add to the atmosphere... and it keeps a good beat.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Even the Ottawa Senators have a fan section for die-hard Sens fans, which is led by a drum...much like soccer matches. In the end the instruments add to the atmosphere.

haha those guys and their scarves and drums in Ottawa look so stupid, euro wannabees. Really cringe worthy.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
like alot of other people i thought this was about some team going all atlanta falcons and pumping crowd tracks

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
As I read through this thread all I keep hearing is "*honk* *honk* *honk*....LETS GO CAPS" over and over and over and over and over...

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
I've wondered what the arena would be like without these fake crowd noises. Every arena uses them, I'm surprised some people haven't caught on.

At Rexall for example they do this 3 car race and the "loudest cheering section wins". When this was first pointed out to me I looked around while this was going on and I could not find one person cheering. Complete fake audio noise. I think this is used pretty much anytime there is supposed to be cheering.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
The stupid horns should be banned. Probably the most annoying thing to listen to on the TV. Especially when they do in every 5 minutes.

Most arena's actually do ban them.

Can we ban the copy cat in Pittsburgh who does it so suckily on top of it? I mean why would you copy from a rival in the first place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad