OT: Failure of a team, Failure of a rebuild

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
3 of our top 4 D being LD is a problem. It's a voluntary disadvantage we took on. Let's make a trade.

Power is too diluted among 2nd and 3rd forward lines. Need reshuffle. We have lots of great pieces but it doesn't add up. Add Pinto to the mix and possibly more trades to rejigger the forwards.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Damn.. someone's in a bad mood

Is it the game or the weather?

That's rich, I don't think I've ever seen you in a good mood.

I don't think posting hyperbolic threads with click-bait over-the-top titles makes for good discussions, that's all.

This was like a week ago:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
That's rich, I don't think I've ever seen you in a good mood.

I don't think posting hyperbolic threads with click-bait over-the-top titles makes for good discussions, that's all.

This was like a week ago:

I am always in a good mood. I just don't trust this team to be good.

2 very different things

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems harsh.

Roster needs some tinkering. They have have too many guys who duplicate each other's skill sets which means you end not being able to maximize a lot of roster spots. Why do you need all of Sanderson, Chychrun, Chabot and Brannstrom? You don't need both Kubalik and Tarasenko. When you're cap-strapped it's hard to carry guys like Kastelic and MacEwen who have extremely limited utility, which is why one of them has already been waived.

To me the core of the team is Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson. I' be open to discussing everybody else.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I think this is just where we are as a fanbase right now.

We are living & dying game by game because we know that this team can not afford to get off to another bad start.

I was listening to the award winning radio broadcast of the game by Dean & Gord and when they said that Tkachuk went off holding his shoulder and ran down the hallway and that it didn't look good, my first reaction was 'well there goes another season down the tube'.

I think that is just how fragile we are right now.

My next thought was 'well at least they will be able to sign Pinto' with Tkachuk on LTIR for the year. For f@ck sakes, just get the deal done with Pinto and then launch Doiron into the sun.
It's enough already.

Reactions: SNES and Gordoff

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Seems harsh.

Roster needs some tinkering. They have have too many guys who duplicate each other's skill sets which means you end not being able to maximize a lot of roster spots. Why do you need all of Sanderson, Chychrun, Chabot and Brannstrom? You don't need both Kubalik and Tarasenko. When you're cap-strapped it's hard to carry guys like Kastelic and MacEwen who have extremely limited utility, which is why one of them has already been waived.

To me the core of the team is Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson. I' be open to discussing everybody else.

Zub should be part of that. Team is easy to play against without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad