Fail for McDavid. Premature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
With the ink barely dry on the Hartnell trade, I thought I would start this thread. It is surely premature but since it is only a matter of time before someone starts one after a losing streak I thought I would get the early jump.

More seriously, in the near term, the Hartnell trade hurts the team. The Flyers are far from assured from making the playoffs next season and may even end up with a lottery selection. They will not get McDavid but they may get an elite player in next year's draft.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This team has alot more problems if losing Hartnell made them go from playoffs to the worse team in the league

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Haha. Not unless the Flyers also make about five or six more trades and all said trades involves picks or prospects. Otherwise, I doubt this team could get to #1 overall even if they tried given the state of some other franchises out there.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
This team has alot more problems if losing Hartnell made them go from playoffs to the worse team in the league

Even with Hartnell there was a good chance Flyers would not make the playoffs next season. Boston, Pitt, Detroit, Montreal, Tampa and Rangers are locks to make the playoffs. Columbus is only getting better and will probably make it as well.

The Flyers had almost no injuries last year and Mason played very well and still barely made the playoffs. I think there is a very good chance the team fails to make the playoffs.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes, incredibly premature. Hartnell/RJ isn't the difference between playoffs and being worse than Edmonton, Buffalo, or Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad