Facing Off: 18 Thoughts on 2018 WJC

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
No thoughts? I was looking forward to feedback and some friendly debate/banter. Quite the opening day, especially with the Czechs upsetting Russia to start things off.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Thanks, hopefully others did as well, even if they aren't commenting. Always a fun column to write and can't wait to see how my predictions hold up!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I agree with the point in the article regarding the outdoor game. I am annoyed that there is no Canada game on New Year's eve and I expect that the outdoor game, if it actually happens, will be a sloppy and random affair.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
That was a great read, Larry. Very good overview of the tournament, touching on many different aspects. I was too busy actually watching all the games to give it a read until today, but I hope others get the chance with the light Day 2 schedule. Highly recommended!

Reactions: Larry Fisher

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I wrote about Canada's "bad/tough" schedule, but the United States might have it even worse with this quick turnaround, playing tonight and then again tomorrow afternoon in that outdoor game. Thoughts?

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I wrote about Canada's "bad/tough" schedule, but the United States might have it even worse with this quick turnaround, playing tonight and then again tomorrow afternoon in that outdoor game. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that someone made a big mistake. The host team gets to set the schedule, so this is a pretty odd thing to happen. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind it but nothing is coming to mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad