Confirmed with Link: Fabbro re-signed [$2.5 mil, 1 year]

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
One the one hand, good that he signed and will stiil be RFA.

But this also makes him more tradeable this summer since teams will know exactly what his cap hit will be rather than of he was an unsigned RFA

Reactions: LCPreds and Enoch

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
1-yr/$2.5M is exactly what I've had in my Cap table, so I'm not complaining. I think it's perfect to give him that reset with a new coach. And glad that compromise was even available, because it means:

1) Management does still like him better than Hynes does. (Hynes thinks he's purely filler).
2) He's not so pissed off about this year that he is demanding a trade, he's willing to stick around and give it another shot.
3) Neither side is seeking any potentially-abrasive arbitration hearing either. Technically he's not worth $2.5M if he's a bottom-pair guy the way this season has gone, but glad they aren't looking to duke it out about that. We know he's better, he knows he's better. Push it off a year.

:handclap:

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Fabs deal sounds like:
Preds: Put up or shut up.
Fabs: Gimme a year. I’m better than you think.
Preds: Done

Reactions: weeze

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Good. Glad he’s staying.

I honestly think Foote needs playing time, he could still be a good one. Out of our current top seven I feel the odd one out with be either carrier or Barrie this off-season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Good. Glad he’s staying.

I honestly think Foote needs playing time, he could still be a good one. Out of our current top seven I feel the odd one out with be either carrier or Barrie this off-season.
With Carrier out, Foote will play... and I suspect we won't end up being too happy with what he does.

Silver lining... this neuters Hynes' chance to put Carrier with Josi. Hopefully he puts Fabbro there where he belongs. But knowing Hynes... :rolleyes:

All the amateur Preds bloggers hate it
Good. Hopefully they go blog about the new Atlanta team.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
All the amateur Preds bloggers hate it
They're definitely part of the problem and just regurgitate twitter echo chamber type stuff.

Reddit really hates him too although a good portion of the posters there just agree with whatever the Twitter bloggers say so they’re probably related.
I've looked at the reddit forum and there seems to be two or three reasonable people with original thoughts and the rest is just your typical ranting to rant.

Reactions: glenngineer

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Well with carrier out for a while fabbro should get a long look with josi. Question is what do you do with the rest.... lauzon and foote gave me fits during their gamw together though it did get better as the game went on...

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I’m guessing that Foote and Lauzon will be together on the third pair. Foote has spent a lot of time in the suites this year. Pairing him with Lauzon isn’t ideal but it is what it is.

I truly hope that with Trotz on the road trip with the team he is telling Hynes to play him with Josi for the rest of the season so he can good evaluation of him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So at the rate carrier gets injured, he will get 40 or so games a year?
Yeah probably. There will be a lot of evaluation going on though so who knows who might be around come the start of next season.

I’m guessing that Foote and Lauzon will be together on the third pair. Foote has spent a lot of time in the suites this year. Pairing him with Lauzon isn’t ideal but it is what it is.

I truly hope that with Trotz on the road trip with the team he is telling Hynes to play him with Josi for the rest of the season so he can good evaluation of him.
I'm hoping Trotz is there so he can walk down and headbutt Hynes out of existence.

Reactions: adsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad