Confirmed with Link: Fabbri Extended (1 year @ $925k)

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I didn't mean to suggest Sunqvist was BETTER.

Sunny is defensively sound though and decent insurance policy. Barbie has been really inconsistent, looking like 2c at times and disinterested at others. My preference is Barbashev win the 4C job and provide us some offense and energy there. But if bad Barbie shows up, Sundqvist can handle it. If we get good Barbie, Sunny is 14th forward at low price or we send him to SA. For what he costs (basically league minimum), why not sign Sunny?
I wonder if the Blues won't sign a vet 4th line center to keep a bit of pressure off of Barby to really produce defensively. I don't have any names off the top of my head, but I wouldn't be surprised for Army to do that. Also, what about Musil? He looked like the heir apparent for Brodz but he just went and left.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm comfortable with Barbie on the 4th line. Since we have 3 lines that can score, I expect that Yeo will be less inclined to give the amount of minutes to the 4th line like he did last year.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Too much term for an injury prone player. Armstrong botched the offseason.
I mean f***, what are we going to do next season, or even 2 years from now?? Plus with that money, how do we even expect to sign Eddy or any of the other RFAs. Good god Armstrong is *sigh*

just forget it

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wonder if the Blues won't sign a vet 4th line center to keep a bit of pressure off of Barby to really produce defensively. I don't have any names off the top of my head, but I wouldn't be surprised for Army to do that. Also, what about Musil? He looked like the heir apparent for Brodz but he just went and left.
Not sure what Musil issue was last year, but seemed to take step back and then left (with permission I think). But expect him back this year. Not sure how much upside he really has. AHL may be as high as he gets.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The only name out there that I see that would make any sense is Letestu.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Great one year extension to see where Fabbri is physically and if he can hold up. If he comes back and plays like he did before his injury, he is a great value and then he will get paid what he deserves for his level of play. I want him to succeed and be a difference maker and earn a big contract!!

Reactions: DoubleK81

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Sundqvist showed very little last year. I'd just assume he be non-tendered and UFA, but I doubt the Blues have any problem giving him a 2-way deal and stashing him in San Antonio.

Love having Fabbri back at a bargain. Even if he's healthy all season, I see Doug giving him another 2-year bridge before signing him long term or moving him.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I think this is Fabbri betting on himself, which I like to see. He may have had a 2 year offer from the Blues for a little more money and turned it down hoping to cash in on this year. I hope it works out for him.

Mar 6, 2012
Man, if Fabbri comes back and plays like he did prior to the injury, it's going to give the Blues a crazy deep forward core.

It's pretty sad, but in my mind I have (had) already basically written him off as lost forever. If he can come back and produce, it's going to be a massive boost to the team.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Man, if Fabbri comes back and plays like he did prior to the injury, it's going to give the Blues a crazy deep forward core.

It's pretty sad, but in my mind I have (had) already basically written him off as lost forever. If he can come back and produce, it's going to be a massive boost to the team.

I'm hoping for the best, but there is enough uncertainty that I wasn't comfortable penciling him in for anything beyond the 9th forward for our team. If he exceeds that, great. If not, I feel that Army has done a good job bringing in forwards to play above him and building the depth below him.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Personally I think he'll be able to come back and find his game again. My worry is more on him being able to stay healthy, especially during the first few months of the season I will cringe a bit whenever he takes a hit.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Armstrong has mentioned Sanford twice recently on 2 separate interviews. I have a feeling they really like him and have heard his name as a potential center. I wouldn’t be surprised if hes their plan at 4C.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Big fan of Fabbri from his draft year. I had him rated I believe at #6 OA in the 2014 draft. Right in the same cluster of Ehlers, Nylander, Fiala if my memory was correct. This was how highly I thought of him. It's unfortunate he has been injured so much. This could be a big year for him. I would not bet against him having a career year this season. Needs to stay healthy but I love this young man's jam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad