Confirmed with Link: Fabbri Extended (1 year @ $925k)

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
1 year? Kinda hoping Armstrong would have faith and sign him to a multiple years at a really low AAV.

1 year might be much more fair but if Fabri has a breakout year could be harder to fit in long term.

I’m not an expert on ACL tears, and some of you on this forum know a lot about them. If Fabri gets through the year without any reinjury is he less likely to have this happen again in the next few years? Basically I’m asking if there’s less risk for a multi year contract if he shows the knee has recovered.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Strickland just tweeted it's a 1 year, 1 way contract for $925,000. That's about as good as we could have hoped for I'd say.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Strickland just tweeted it's a 1 year, 1 way contract for $925,000. That's about as good as we could have hoped for I'd say.
That's fantastic. Thought it'd at least be a smidge over 1 mil tbh.

But this makes sense.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Show me what ya got contract.

I’m happy.
8lovGJW.gif

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
leaves us with about 7 mill in cap space with only Edmonton, Jaskin, Schmaltz, and Sunqvist needed to be igned at the NHL level.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Good for Fabbri. I hope he rebounds well but above all else I just hope he gets an entire injury free season under his belt. Also, I think that Enterprise Center is going to explode when he scores his first goal back. Like they did for Perron when he returned from injury.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I wonder if we really need to bring back both Jaskin and Sundqvist.

Jaskin at least is a nice to have for your 4th line. Might not be great in the offensive zone, but someone as solid in possession as he is is nice for the 4th line. The more they're in the offensive zone the better.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I was hoping for a 2 year deal at about $1.5 mil AAV, but this is fine. We have plenty of space to extend Ed on a long term deal and should have cap to spare. At this point, we shouldn't need to move anyone for cap space this year or next year. We may need to move a guy or two in order to free up roster spots, but that doesn't hurt your leverage nearly as much as when you need to free up cap space. We should be able to bank enough cap space for a nice TDL rental if we prove to be a contender and we shouldn't have any issue extending our RFAs next summer.

This roster is in great shape.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wonder if we really need to bring back both Jaskin and Sundqvist.
We do. Jaskin should be on 4th line regularly and Sundqvist gives us cheap center depth. We don't really want Thomas on 4th line (although fine if he plays there a bit I suppose) and neither Sanford nor Barbs are exactly proven.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We do. Jaskin should be on 4th line regularly and Sundqvist gives us cheap center depth. We don't really want Thomas on 4th line (although fine if he plays there a bit I suppose) and neither Sanford nor Barbs are exactly proven.
Barbashev has played 13 more career games and posted 25 points in comparison to Sundqvists 9 points.

How exactly is Sundqvist proven but Barbashev isn't?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Barbashev has played 13 more career games and posted 25 points in comparison to Sundqvists 9 points.

How exactly is Sundqvist proven but Barbashev isn't?
I didn't mean to suggest Sunqvist was BETTER.

Sunny is defensively sound though and decent insurance policy. Barbie has been really inconsistent, looking like 2c at times and disinterested at others. My preference is Barbashev win the 4C job and provide us some offense and energy there. But if bad Barbie shows up, Sundqvist can handle it. If we get good Barbie, Sunny is 14th forward at low price or we send him to SA. For what he costs (basically league minimum), why not sign Sunny?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'd be willing to sign Sunny, but I'm offering him 2-way or he can have a nice day.
He is arbitration eligible who received a qualifying offer, and I’m almost positive that means we have to offer him a 1 way deal or release his rights.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
If Fabbri is back to pre-injury level we’re going to have an unbelievable group of forwards. If not, hopefully one of the kids can step in and have that kind of impact.

Reactions: brokeu91

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
1 year? Kinda hoping Armstrong would have faith and sign him to a multiple years at a really low AAV.

1 year might be much more fair but if Fabri has a breakout year could be harder to fit in long term.

I’m not an expert on ACL tears, and some of you on this forum know a lot about them. If Fabri gets through the year without any reinjury is he less likely to have this happen again in the next few years? Basically I’m asking if there’s less risk for a multi year contract if he shows the knee has recovered.
Short answer: Technically yes.

Long answer: Technically yes. I read a recent study that went in depth on players who have had an acl tear/multiple tears and their effectiveness when returning plus their likelihood of re-injuring their repaired knee, and if I recall correctly, all of them have returned to be just fine. Speed is a factor, but ability to play and continue to produce don't change that much, if at all. The only correlation between an acl tear and the player returning is how long their career is, which turns out to just be around 4-5 years. Unfortunately for Fabbri, he has had a tear on the same knee in less than a year, so he needs to be real careful with how he's doing things if he plans on playing for another 5 years. He could just be a player that has bad knees, but we won't know until he gets out there and plays again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->