Prospect Info: Fabbri assigned to the Wolves

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
[Tweet]588446487291437056[/MEDIA]

Wtf????? I thought he was ineligible

He can't play in the AHL while his junior season is ongoing, it's to "protect" the CHL franchises.

Good that he'll get some competitive pro games. Disappointing that his season ended when it did, not allowing him to get a game or two for the Blues down the stretch.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
oh great we broke the rules there go the next 5 years of draft picks. Enjoy, New Jersey

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So he can play in the AHL while the Guelph aren't playing....but he wouldn't be able to return to the Wolves next year while the Guelph are playing

Dem rules doe..... they really make me not want to even try to figure them out lol

So it's possible that he burns a year of his ELC now?

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
So he can play in the AHL while the Guelph aren't playing....but he wouldn't be able to return to the Wolves next year while the Guelph are playing

Dem rules doe..... they really make me not want to even try to figure them out lol

no, it doesn't affect his ELC. he's totally fine to play in the AHL after his junior season is completed. plenty of junior players do this.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

No, he can't burn a year on his ELC. I remember that Pietrangelo played in the playoffs for Peoria, so we've done it in the past.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ah yes.... I'll definitely tune into some Wolves games. I wonder if Barbashev will be following him

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm still impressed at that statline. I mean 25 goals in 30 games is insane, especially for the OHL.

Now if only Schmaltz would go to Chicago and we would have a great read on almost all of our top guys.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I would think there would need to be a couple of injuries for that idea to be entertained.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Haha poor wolves. What the Blues givith......they taketh. I was figuring they'd load the wolves up with some talent. Lindbohm, Fabbri, Barbashev*, Parayko, Pääjärvi, Schmaltz.

I'm actually surprised Rattie stayed but I guess they don't want to burn one of the call ups if he's needed again.

*His team isn't done though. Looking to keep the series going

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Nice Id rather him actually play in the AHL playoffs than watching the NHL playoffs

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Ah yes.... I'll definitely tune into some Wolves games. I wonder if Barbashev will be following him

I hope he does, His juniors team is still in playing though. He had 4 goals and 2 helpers last night. 14 points in 5 games.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I hope he does, His juniors team is still in playing though. He had 4 goals and 2 helpers last night. 14 points in 5 games.

I expect Barbashev will choose to join up with the Wolves after his season ends, but it'll be up to him. He's in a slightly different situation in Fabbri, as he is AHL eligible next season, so there isn't a rush to get a look at him in the pros.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
If we go deep enough I could see Barbashev getting called up to the Blues to travel and practice with the team if the Wolves are done by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad