Confirmed with Link: Fabbri 3 year Extension

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reasons to like it:

1. We'll need top6/9 tweeners til we don't.
2. age fits core
3. can play C in a pinch
4. decent on faceoffs
5. Bert's buddy & former Bert-Suter-Fabbri linemate/past chemistry; current chemistry w/Bert+
6. reasonable $$ (I guessed b/w $4-4.5max)
7. reasonable term (I guessed 3yrs, but was okay with 2-4max if $ was cheap)
8. still has slight offensive upside & may improve defensively w/better linemates/roster/top4D/gp
9. 1/3 of the Laughing Meme
10. is missing 1 tooth, like a real hockey player
11. seems like a good guy, well liked by teammates.
12. work ethic usually good / realgud

Reasons to dislike it:

1. Fabs might steal your girl
2. Could make Zadina a higher probability candidate for sell-low trade bait.
3. hasn't had the best start to season (but is trending back up to '19-'21 levels, hopefully he exceeds those too).

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Reasons to like it:

1. We'll need top6/9 tweeners til we don't.
2. age fits core
3. can play C in a pinch
4. decent on faceoffs
5. Bert's buddy & former Bert-Suter-Fabbri linemate/past chemistry; current chemistry w/Bert+
6. reasonable $$ (I guessed b/w $4-4.5max)
7. reasonable term (I guessed 3yrs, but was okay with 2-4max if $ was cheap)
8. still has slight offensive upside & may improve defensively w/better linemates/roster/top4D/gp
9. 1/3 of the Laughing Meme
10. is missing 1 tooth, like a real hockey player

11. unquestionable work ethic

Reactions: deca guard

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Was hopeful that he would present lasting value to the team. I was leaning towards a deadline deal, but at this term and hit, he’s a solid piece to be able to flex around the top 9. I just don’t know how to find a fit for him away from that top line. He hasn’t clicked with anyone else.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think this sends a clear (unintentional) message to Zadina. With Vrana due back in ~ 25games / 2mos., & possibly Berggren called up and/or Veleno slotted to W as we get healthy, I'd be a bit nervous if it were me. Ras too. TDL should be interesting, but I don't expect too many Mantha-level deals from us.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Was hopeful that he would present lasting value to the team. I was leaning towards a deadline deal, but at this term and hit, he’s a solid piece to be able to flex around the top 9. I just don’t know how to find a fit for him away from that top line. He hasn’t clicked with anyone else.

Feb:

L2 Bert-Suter-Fabbri, try it for 5-10gp, stick with it regardless how they play. I bet it works ok.

L1 Vrana-Larkin-Raymond speed & filthy moves

L3 Erne-Veleno-Zadina

L4 Berggren-Ras-Stephens
Pearson/Smith

Namaste -traded
Gagner/Rowney -traded/waived/GR

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
totally like the move . commited hustling team player thats all around excellent in the o zone and on the pp as an offensive weapon .
and seems to fit right in with the team chemistry . i see him as a long term rock solid #6/7 forward & excellent pp weapon .
and all along hes been displaying excellent offensive talent without talented / smart dmen or a center to play with .

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I look at it like there are two very specific waves of players that make up this team:

The 25-26 year old Core: Larkin, Vrana, Hronek, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Nedeljikovic. Each of these players are signed for 2-3 years all around 4 to 5M AAV (Larkin nothwithstanding). All of them are reasonable contracts and serve to set them and the Wings up for a rather large discussion of who to keep for their last big deal (4yr+ at larger dollar amount) when each of them are sitting at 28 years old.

The Sub-20 Year Old Core: Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson, Berggren, Cossa, etc.

In two years, we'll know exactly how much of the 25year old Core will be a part of our future going forward and just how much out Sub-20 Core has Developed. Fabbri was on the outside looking in. Now? Seen as a part of that older wave of players and deserves the chance to stick around.

Reactions: Bench

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
totally like the move . commited hustling team player thats all around excellent in the o zone and on the pp as an offensive weapon .
and seems to fit right in with the team chemistry . i see him as a long term rock solid #6/7 forward & excellent pp weapon .
and all along hes been displaying excellent offensive talent without talented / smart dmen or a center to play with .

The bolded part is a bit of a stretch no? He looks like a perimeter wing to me, there have been a lot of games where I wasn’t even sure if he played or not, largely unnoticeable. But in his defense that goes for the 2nd line in general. Zadina gets hammered on these boards and he has 4 less points with 2 less minutes per game.

I am indifferent to this contract, it’s not great and it’s not bad.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
upload_2021-12-13_21-18-47.png

He looks like a Lebanese lothario.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Like Fabs, like the term. Maybe a smidge more expensive than I would've aimed for, but 4m isn't what it used to be. The money won't give us any issues.

Not a completely perfect player, but we do lack scoring depth, I'm cool with 3 more years of Robby for sure.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid deal. Interesting timing as it sets the tone for what Yzerman is looking for.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Nazem Kadri money. Comparable players.

I am not happy with you for making me stick up for Kadri, but they are definitely not comparable players. One plays the more valuable position, and even scores at a better clip. Say what you will about Kadri, I think he is a puke. However when he is actually playing Kadri is better at hockey.

I know others have been saying this, FrkIt,
and I wholeheartedly agree, go get Hertl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad