FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.13 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
trade winnik, santorelli, franson and lupul. they are ruining the tank.

try to deal phaneuf and kessel if possible. they dont seem to be affecting the tank but its good to get rid of these long term contracts.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
trade winnik, santorelli, franson and lupul. they are ruining the tank.

try to deal phaneuf and kessel if possible. they dont seem to be affecting the tank but its good to get rid of these long term contracts.

I'd add Bozak.

Is there a reasonable return in addition to Kane for JVR? In other words, if we considered a swap with added pieces returning, what's reasonable to compensate? Bogo?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
ChuckWoods for Leafs GM! :yo:

Anyways, trade ASAP: Winnik, Santa, Franson, Lupul
Trade some time before the draft: Phaneuf, Kessel
Only trade if you get blown away by an offer: JVR, Kadri, Gardiner
Hold onto for dear life: Rielly, Nylander, Brown, all young guys etc.

ChillyPalmer

Apr 9, 2012
Antarctica
Why the hell would anyone want to trade for Kane?

All the times this fan base *****es and moans about wingers with no heart, they want to trade for Kane?

I like the dude, I think the hate he gets is overblown, but ffs, this team needs D, C, and picks.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
ChuckWoods for Leafs GM! :yo:

Anyways, trade ASAP: Winnik, Santa, Franson, Lupul
Trade some time before the draft: Phaneuf, Kessel
Only trade if you get blown away by an offer: JVR, Kadri, Gardiner
Hold onto for dear life: Rielly, Nylander, Brown, all young guys etc.

What about Bozak?

ChillyPalmer

Apr 9, 2012
Antarctica
Trade ASAP: Bozak, Santorelli, Winnik, Franson, Phaneuf, Lupul, Polak, Komarov.

Trade if there's a good offer: Kessel, Gardiner, Reimer.

Keep: JVR, Kadri, Rielly, Holland, Panik.

I can only dream: Clarkson, Robidas.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

All the times this fan base *****es and moans about wingers with no heart, they want to trade for Kane?

I like the dude, I think the hate he gets is overblown, but ffs, this team needs D, C, and picks.

So, no? :laugh:

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Lebrun -

When we spoke with Nashville Predators general manager David Poile last month, he said a top-six forward would be his priority ahead of the March 2 trade deadline.

Just what exactly he will do remains to be seen, but word is the veteran Nashville hockey man is calling around quite a bit.

"David, I think, wants to go for it, that’s the sense I get," one Eastern Conference team executive told ESPN.com Tuesday.

That’s par for the course. If you go back to the Peter Forsberg trade years ago or even just a few years earlier bringing back Alexander Radulov (OK, that didn’t work, but ...), Poile has shown he’s not scared to go for it when he feels his team has a shot. And these Predators have shown this season they are indeed for real.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/
Nashv has lots of cap space

I completely forgot the Forsberg trade. Clearly Poile has the guts to make a big move at the deadline. When he traded for Forsberg he was 33 and about to become a UFA. He had 40 points at the time of the trade. He was traded for Scottie Upshall, OHL defenceman Ryan Parent (Considered a good prospect at the time) and first- and third-round draft picks. Kessel currently sits 18th in scoring with 45 points.

How about this...
To Nash:
Kessel
2016 3rd, 5th
Percy
Franson

To Tor:
Jones
2015 2nd
Cap dump

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I completely forgot the Forsberg trade. Clearly Poile has the guts to make a big move at the deadline. When he traded for Forsberg he was 33 and about to become a UFA. He had 40 points at the time of the trade. He was traded for Scottie Upshall, OHL defenceman Ryan Parent (Considered a good prospect at the time) and first- and third-round draft picks. Kessel currently sits 18th in scoring with 45 points.

How about this...
To Nash:
Kessel
2016 3rd, 5th
Percy
Franson

To Tor:
Jones
2015 2nd
Cap dump

Kessel
4th
Franson

for
Jones
1st
Cap dump

no percy, fair deal imo.

With Nylander in the system and pretty much the guarentee of a top6-7 pick, it's pretty easy to recover from losing Kessel, why not Add jones and then grab a #1C in the draft and start a whole new era!

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Nonis is Treebeard from Lord of the Rings the Two Towers.

You mustn't be hasty.

Last edited:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

Kane is all heart on the ice. Stop listening to HFs generalizations. Guy plays a great hardworking game.

MUCH better in that regard than lazy **** kessel

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
Kane is all heart on the ice. Stop listening to HFs generalizations. Guy plays a great hardworking game.

MUCH better in that regard than lazy **** kessel

I think Kane is not the type of player that will handle the media in Toronto. Not a good fit IMO. He'll get crushed.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Someone post the Chuck signal!

chuck-signal.jpg

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
Kessel
4th
Franson

for
Jones
1st
Cap dump

no percy, fair deal imo.

With Nylander in the system and pretty much the guarentee of a top6-7 pick, it's pretty easy to recover from losing Kessel, why not Add jones and then grab a #1C in the draft and start a whole new era!

If Percy was the difference between no deal or deal, I would have to let Percy go. Jones could be a stud for 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad