Speculation: FA options if Stamkos walks?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Loui Eriksson or Andrew Ladd would be nice to add for the kind of players they are, but I think they might cost too much since they already make over 4 mil. Tikhonov might be someone to look into, I mean sure he’s been a bit underwhelming since coming to the NHL but maybe being around another group of Russian might help since he was a really good player in Russia, or maybe the risk wouldn’t be worth it. And Staal like you guys have said is an option as long as he’s willing to take a paycut because we can’t give anyone new over 8 million.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Loui Eriksson or Andrew Ladd would be nice to add for the kind of players they are, but I think they might cost too much since they already make over 4 mil. Tikhonov might be someone to look into, I mean sure he’s been a bit underwhelming since coming to the NHL but maybe being around another group of Russian might help since he was a really good player in Russia, or maybe the risk wouldn’t be worth it. And Staal like you guys have said is an option as long as he’s willing to take a paycut because we can’t give anyone new over 8 million.

I'd give staal 8 per year for 3 or 4 years that would not be a bad deal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd give staal 8 per year for 3 or 4 years that would not be a bad deal.

Why? Just pay Stamkos a million or two more if doing that. We need someone at no more then 6mil if we bring in a UFA, would prefer closer to 4 so we have that much more space.

Edit: Okposo at 6x6 would be who I'd target if going the UFA route. Slot him into Stamkos spot next to Palat - Namestnikov. Don't lose a lot in production and free up some money.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Why? Just pay Stamkos a million or two more if doing that. We need someone at no more then 6mil if we bring in a UFA, would prefer closer to 4 so we have that much more space.

Edit: Okposo at 6x6 would be who I'd target if going the UFA route. Slot him into Stamkos spot next to Palat - Namestnikov. Don't lose a lot in production and free up some money.
Forgot about okposo that's a great option. Ya stamkos would be great at 8.5 or 9 but it looks like he is not going to accept that.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
If Stammer walks we probably should not go for a high dollar Stammer replacement who may or may not work out. Just go for a midrange FA who fits our style of play. Drouin may stay if Stammer goes :)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If Stammer walks we probably should not go for a high dollar Stammer replacement who may or may not work out. Just go for a midrange FA who fits our style of play. Drouin may stay if Stammer goes :)
Drouin is gone no matter what hates cooper

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Drouin isn't staying.

But I agree on the not going for a high dollar replacement. Find a guy with a good two-way game that can put up 50 points and 20+ goals. And then use the rest to re-sign guys and maybe make a nice, impact trade.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Drouin isn't staying.

But I agree on the not going for a high dollar replacement. Find a guy with a good two-way game that can put up 50 points and 20+ goals. And then use the rest to re-sign guys and maybe make a nice, impact trade.

Because those guys are just a dime a dozen.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i personally want to add no one if stamkos walks let the kids fight it out we got plenty i like

tyjo is back he can run with triplets vladdy and someone is a good two like boyle and paquette as our other centers

have peca point erne etc.. for a body jam etc..

id do nothing work on a puck moving rhd power play qb younger maybe do for drouin somehow younger guy move on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad