FA Game #1 by CD, RR, and IR4

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

New Jersey Devils Finalize Training Camp Roster
:devils

Left Wing: Ilya Kovalchuk, Zach Parise, Patrik Elias, Vladimir Zharkov, Rodney Pelley
Center: Travis Zajac, Jacob Josefson, Vernon Fiddler, Sean Couturier, Adam Henrique, Dainius Zubrus
Right Wing: Nick Palmieri, Mattias Tedenby, David Clarkson
Defense: Anton Volchenkov, Henrik Tallinder, Colin White, Andy Greene, Mark Fayne, Anssi Salmela, Matt Taormina, Matthew Corrente, Alexander Urbom
Goaltender: Martin Brodeur, Jose Theodore

Long Term Injury Reserve: Bryce Salvador

With the 25 man roster, the Devils have $1,675,000 in cap space for the season.

Lineup Prediction:

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus
Kovalchuk - Josefson - Palmieri
Elias - Couturier - Tedenby
Zharkov - Fiddler - Clarkson
Pelley

Tallinder - Fayne
Greene - Volchenkov
White - Taormina
Salmela - Corrente

Brodeur
Theodore​

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I don't know who should be more mad?

You for supporting a team with 3 awful goalies, or me for supporting a team who seem to have given up and a 10M goalie who can't win us a game on his own like he's being paid to.

The trip was good guys thanks for asking, couple of speedbumps in southern thailand with the floods but all in all it was great. Glad to be home.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

You for supporting a team with 3 awful goalies, or me for supporting a team who seem to have given up and a 10M goalie who can't win us a game on his own like he's being paid to.

The trip was good guys thanks for asking, couple of speedbumps in southern thailand with the floods but all in all it was great. Glad to be home.

I should be. At least your team is winning their series.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Welcome back man!

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:nucks final roster

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Morrow-Kesler-Doan
Hansen-Malhotra-Torres
Asham-Yip/Hodgson-Glass

EX:Oreskovich

Edler-Hamhuis
Ehrhoff-Cuminskey
Tanev-Ballard

Luongo
Lack

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
extralarge.png

2011-12 BUFFALO SABRES

Captain: Derek Roy
Alternate Captain: Tyler Myers
Alternate Captain: Jussi Jokinen

[FIELDSET="LINE-UP"]
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek - Derek Roy - Jason Pominville
Jussi Jokinen - Jason Arnott - Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe - Tyler Ennis - Brad Boyes
Paul Gaustad - Jochen Hecht - Patrick Kaleta

DEFENSEMEN
Joni Pitkanen - Tyler Myers
Shaone Morrisonn - Jordan Leopold
Chris Butler - Andrej Sekera

GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller
Jhonas Enroth
[/FIELDSET]
[FIELDSET="CAP INFO"]
ROSTER SIZE: 20
SALARY CAP: $62,300,000
TEAM CAP NUMBER: $61,442,024
CAP SPACE: $857,976
[/FIELDSET]​

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Still in pursuit of one more free agent, then we will be finished.

Good job btw, habs. Really like the team you put together. My only complaint is you shoulda fired that little ****er Kaleta off to Mars or something, I can't stand that little *****.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Waive Andrew Raycroft. He'll be Dallas' (1) player loaned to an AHL or European team, but he will not play for the Texas Stars (AHL). Hoping to keep him in the AHL though to serve as Dallas' emergency callup.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
2011 :stars 2012

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Loui Eriksson ($4.266m) / Jamie Benn ($0.821m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)
Alex Ponikarovsky ($2.000m) / Tom Wandell ($0.775m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.750m)
Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Adam Burish ($1.150m)
Ray Sawada ($0.750m) / Toby Petersen ($0.775m) / Mark Mancari ($0.750m)
Francis Wathier ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Alex Goligoski ($1.833m)
Nicklas Grossman ($1.625m) / Stephane Robidas ($3.300m)
Shane O'Brien ($2.000m) / Trevor Daley ($3.300m)
Alexander Sulzer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Kari Lehtonen ($3.550m) / Mike Smith($2.000m)

REENTRY WAIVER LOSSES: Sean Avery ($1.937m)

BUYOUT: Cristobal Huet ($1.875m)

Unrestricted Free Agent or Off the Books in summer of 2012
Unrestricted Free Agent or Off the Books in summer of 2013

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
SALARY CAP: $62,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $46,484,167
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $15,815,833
LENDER IMPOSED CAP: $46,500,000
LENDER CAP SPACE: $15,833

TEXAS STARS ROSTER

Mathieu Tousignant / Travis Morin / Anton Rodin
Luke Gazdic / Aaron Gagnon / Tomas Vincour
Kyle Beach / Scott Glennie / Colton Sceviour
Matt Fraser / Ondrej Roman / ???? ????

Casey Borer / Philip Larsen
Brenden Dillon / Maxime Fortunus
Trevor Ludwig / Brett Carson

Richard Bachman / Tyler Beskorowany

TOP PROSPECTS
1. Jack Campbell, G
2. Philip Larsen, D
3. Scott Glennie, RW
4. Anton Rodin, RW
5. Kyle Beach, RW
6. Alex Chiasson, RW
7. Reilly Smith, RW
8. Tomas Vincour, RW
9. Richard Bachman, G
10. Curtis McKenzie, LW
11. Patrik Nemeth, D
12. Ondrej Roman, C
13. Tyler Beskorowany, G
14. Perttu Lindgren, C
15. John Klingberg, D
16. Colton Sceviour, RW
17. Austin Smith, RW
18. Aaron Gagnon, C
19. Hubert Labrie, D
20. Alex Theriau, D
21. Matt Fraser, LW
22. Brenden Dillon, D
23. Luke Gazdic, LW
24. Trevor Ludwig
25. Alex Guptill, LW
26. Mathieu Tousignant, C
27. Jace Coyle, D

DRAFT
14th Overall: Mark McNeil
18th Overall: Jamie Oleksiak

I'm pretty excited about what I was able to do while staying under my $46.5 million budget ... which was pretty tough.

You're not going to win consistent with a small budget, but the moves I made allow for the eventual sale of the team. No player added who isn't going to be a core member of the team has more than one or two years left on their contract. This will allow all of Dallas' young prospects to step in over the next year or two.

At the same time, no one on Dallas' roster isn't NHL ready. Contracts or trades for players like Ponikarovksy, Samuelsson, and O'Brien give Dallas veteran players who can play smart defensive hockey, help with some secondary scoring (in the case of the forwards), and keep Dallas' prospects in the AHL developing.

Furthermore, Dallas was able to add more, young free agents with Stanley Cup experience by signing or trading for Maxime Talbot and Troy Brouwer. I think they'll have the same positive impact on the team that Adam Burish did last season.

However, I think the best move made, and also the one with the most risk, was ending Mike Ribeiro and Brenden Morrow's time in Dallas. Goals will be harder to come buy this year, but Niklas Hjalmarsson was a huge add this offseason. Jamie Oleksiak was also added to to Dallas' prospect depth thanks to Morrow and Ribeiro's departure. The defense hasn't looked better in years, and players like Philip Larsen, Patrik Nemeth, and Jamie Oleksiak will be key contributors in the near future.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

With a disappointing 2010/2011 behind them, the Ottawa Senators head into the 2011-2012 season with a fresh start on their minds. Last seasons late push, largely in part due to the acquisition of Craig Anderson, gave Senators fans a glimpse of hope for the upcoming season. The Binghamton call-ups, for the most part, played very well and demonstrated that the Murray's are doing a good job of keeping the cupboards stocked.

Bryan Murray, fresh off signing a three year contract extension with the club, then went into the 2011 Entry Draft armed with four selections in the first two rounds. With the clubs first selection, the Senators tabbed Jonathan Huberdeau the sixth overall pick. The slick centre racked up 105 points (43G, 65A) in 65 games with the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL. He then went on to post 35 points in the playoffs in leading his team to a Memorial Cup Championship :)P). With the clubs three second round selections, Murray again continued the add to the forward ranks, selecting Mark Scheifele (35th overall, a player that was projected to go much higher but fell due to unknown reasons), Matthew Nieto (speedy undersized left winger who has a knack for the net) and Magnus Hellberg (6'5'' behemoth goaltender who posted stellar numbers in the SEL division 2 league last season, 2.04 GAA and a .935 save percentage).

Murray wasted no time in inking top pick Jonathan Huberdeau to a 3 year, entry level contract. Huberdeau will not be handed the spot but is expected to make a big play for the second line centre role on the Senators in training camp.

The Senators hope that free agent coups Scottie Upshall and Mathieu Garon will provide experience and stability in their respective positions. Scottie will look to challenge for a top-six spot while Mathieu will make an excellent back-up for Anderson to finally give the Senators a solid goaltending tandem.

New head coach Lindy Ruff, after serving 13 years behind the Sabres bench and spending a total of 23 years with the organization, will look for a fresh start in Ottawa. Ruff is expected to live up to his name, holding players accountable and getting the most out of the youngsters. When asked about his qualms with Bryan Murray just over three years ago, the two laughed it off at a press conference,

"I'd still be able to kick his ass" Ruff denounced, chuckling.

Without missing a beat, Murray, laughing, fired back, "Just remember, you work for me now."

The new energy around the club is expected to provide a much-needed morale boost to the club, who were rumoured to have quit on fired coach Cory Clouston.

Without any further moves, the Senators today announced their 2011-2012 training camp roster:

Forwards (29):
Jason Spezza
Daniel Alfredsson
Milan Michalek
David Perron
Zack Smith
Chris Neil
Scottie Upshall
Stephane Da Costa
Marty Reasoner
Scott Parse
Bobby Butler
Colin Greening
Erik Condra
Roman Wick
Mike Hoffman
Corey Cowick
Cody Bass
Jim O'Brien
Derek Grant
David Dziurzynski
Corey Locke
Ryan Potulny
Jonathan Huberdeau
Jakob Silfverberg
Andre Petersson
Mark Stone
Pat Cannone
Kaspars Daugavins
Wacey Hamilton

Defensemen (14):
Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips
Erik Karlsson
Brian Lee
Matt Carkner
Jared Cowen
David Rundblad
Patrick Wiercioch
Eric Gryba
David Hale
Andre Benoit
Craig Schira
Derek Smith
Bryan Rodney

Goaltenders (5):
Craig Anderson
Mathieu Garon
Robin Lehner
Barry Brust
Mike Brodeur

Projected 2011-2012 Lineup

David Perron - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Scottie Upshall - Jonathan Huberdeau/Stephane Da Costa - Daniel Alfredsson
Colin Greening - Marty Reasoner - Bobby Butler
Scott Parse - Zack Smith - Chris Neil

Sergei Gonchar - Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips - Brian Lee
Jared Cowen - David Rundblad
Matt Carkner

Craig Anderson
Mathieu Garon​

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Good to know what kind of person you think I am.

Well, until the Capitals are out of the playoffs we will know you as:

Rebecca Black's #1 Fan

nysavy.gif

Ovy can pick what he wants for the user title. Oh, and YOU have to change your username and avy. :naughty: I'll put it back to normal when the Caps are out.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Well, until the Capitals are out of the playoffs we will know you as:

Rebecca Black's #1 Fan

nysavy.gif

Ovy can pick what he wants for the user title. Oh, and YOU have to change your username and avy. :naughty: I'll put it back to normal when the Caps are out.

The name is too long, I'm only allowed 20 characters and that's 22. I tried.

And that's really not that bad, even though I heard that there was worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad