Post-Game Talk: F____ Woodcroft/Holland

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
You clearly haven't heard of the Elks. heh. Fan content can often times be a combo of things. Theres whole other factors I can't get into here that also make the Edmonton experience difficult. For instance economy and selective impacts on it.

In anycase Edmontonians dug in on that arena. Neither the CRL, or Parking levies or other agreements in the package are paying for themselves. Neither was the DT revitalizing monetized for anybody but Katz.

In anycase fanbases that have had some success would like some more. This being the case whether it be Montreal Canadiens, Bayern Munich, etc.

The way I look at it is its pretty remarkable to have been fans of a team in glory years that now have McDrai/Kane and players like that. For all those complaining vociferously win or lose this is the entertainment high mark of the franchise since the glory years. They really are.

This team is entertaining most of the time and even in losing theres real quality plays and entertainment.

So that on a first world level of problems having had Gretzky, Mess, Kurri, McD, Drai, Kane isn't a problem. I try to enjoy the now.
I think we're in agreement overall, and my has this thread and some of the comments aged poorly, eh?

Every pro franchise has it's pros and cons. On a 5 game win streak with 3 All Star players Edmo might not be looking so bad is it boyos?

Oiler fans are blessed and cursed at the same time, but I for one have always loved the team. Even enjoyed blowout losses like a 10-2 loss to BUF in the old barn. The W or L at the end isn't as important as how much fun you had along the way (imo).

Yeah, I was a knothole gang kid and my Dad used to drink a lot of beer at EE games. Even played minor football myself, but could care less about CFL and moreso with the "Elks" branding change. no thanks
I understand 0 CFL analogies unless it's about Gizmo creeping on HS girls or back-flipping.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
All of what you said, about this fanbase needing to 'suck it up' or whatever the point of that was, is that it's all undone by idiot ownership that collects human hockey cards over hiring appropriate and competent management to ice a competitive roster. Which is part of why you get a discount Kane, for example, over less sexy names and actual depth (and I love Kane). As if we have any actual control on it. We can still complain.

Which 5 Kraken players could they have had? Eberle, Schultz, Tolvanen (waivers)...Larsson? Everyone knows Larsson wasn't signing here because apparently unlike most people that have to live in the place where their parents, close friends died and don't have the luxury (money, job mobility etc) to just run away instead of processing things. He up and left and was not coming back.

And regarding the complaints about the expansion, who gives a shit what teams I cheer for? They're still valid complaints

Just because this is a shit org with an idiot owner doesn't mean that the NHL still isn't a garbage 3rd tier pro sports league that is propped up by hockey obsessed Canadians. It's a shit product, the recent joke expansions are just part of the laundry list like: junk cap set up, fake parity, NMCs that f*** Canadian teams, and some of the worst and convoluted officiating in pro sports.

What, was he supposed to win a cup with every team to be better than your career losers in Todd and Tippett? Lol, I guess 3 isn't enough.
My comment was directed to you, not "the fanbase". I like the recent expansion and the Oilers team (with it's warts). I'm not a huge fan of the league, but it's unquestionably the best hockey league in the world, and hockey is my jam fella.

Positive-vibes / glass-half-full energy up in here to combat the negativity spewed around. Lots of negative effects on those around you, but also for you personally.

A continuous cycle of negative thoughts may even cause damage to the hippocampus, the part of the brain used for problem solving and cognitive functioning. Over time, complainers become negativity addicts, attracted to the drama that comes with a complaining attitude.

Reactions: Wretched Oil

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Great interview with Elliotte and Jeff.

Weird thread to resurrect for this?

I do wonder if Holland should start lining up a trade for next January so we can try to shake up the doldrums with an energy injection. Seems inevitable that we suck midseason now.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Weird thread to resurrect for this?

I do wonder if Holland should start lining up a trade for next January so we can try to shake up the doldrums with an energy injection. Seems inevitable that we suck midseason now.
Picked this thread because it was the most recent Woody thread and because I didn't agree with it. (Didn't notice it was a PGT lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad