Prospect Info: F40 #7 Runoff - Krebs v Byram

Which would you rather the Coyotes draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I went 1D over a 2C. I'm still reviewing tape though but for now my vote stands.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I went 1D over a 2C. I'm still reviewing tape though but for now my vote stands.

I don't see Byram as a 1D. I will gladly eat crow but I see him as a very good defenseman who doesn't excel at one facet. A better Chychrun of you will.

Also I see Krebs as a 2C on the wrong team. I see him as a 1C or top line winger on AZ. Captain material, fan favorite that makes his entire line better. I see him as the link that turns Keller into a 70-80 point player.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't see Byram as a 1D. I will gladly eat crow but I see him as a very good defenseman who doesn't excel at one facet. A better Chychrun of you will.

Also I see Krebs as a 2C on the wrong team. I see him as a 1C or top line winger on AZ. Captain material, fan favorite that makes his entire line better. I see him as the link that turns Keller into a 70-80 point player.
Oh don't get me wrong I love Krebs. At this point I have him ahead of Cozens and Turcotte on my list but at the very least Bryan is a top pairing D who will play 20-25 minutes a night and be a force as a shooting threat on the PP. I just see him as the BPA between the two but they will be neck and neck on my list.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also a little concerned about Krebs' offense. It's not super high end for a draft-year guy. I know Kootenay was a shithouse but I'm looking for a little more.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Also a little concerned about Krebs' offense. It's not super high end for a draft-year guy. I know Kootenay was a ****house but I'm looking for a little more.
As much as we praise the London system I also think we need to be hesitant on players coming from traditional poor development programs. I do really like Krebs though. I once hoped he would fall to 14 but after his U18 I have him ahead of Cozens as a player I would target.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Also a little concerned about Krebs' offense. It's not super high end for a draft-year guy. I know Kootenay was a ****house but I'm looking for a little more.
He had 16 more pts than the next highest scoring teammate, who played 3 more games. He had 27 more pts than the third highest scoring guy on his team, who played 4 more games. His scoring is outstanding.

Reactions: rt

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
As much as we praise the London system I also think we need to be hesitant on players coming from traditional poor development programs. I do really like Krebs though. I once hoped he would fall to 14 but after his U18 I have him ahead of Cozens as a player I would target.
The Winnipeg Ice are going to be one of the top talent pipelines in North America. Their new facility is world class. Their model of tying in with the Rink Hockey Academy is already paying massive dividends (Savoie brothers) and it just started.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The Winnipeg Ice are going to be one of the top talent pipelines in North America. Their new facility is world class. Their model of tying in with the Rink Hockey Academy is already paying massive dividends (Savoie brothers) and it just started.
Sure. Will Krebs be there 1 year or less?

He hasn’t even played one game in the city of Winnipeg. I wouldn’t be touting them yet as a great development factory. When is the new arena slated to be completed?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The training facilities and rinks opened this spring. The arena is two years away. The main benefit the arena will bring is more seating. From a player development standpoint it's not a rush.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The training facilities and rinks opened this spring. The arena is two years away. The main benefit the arena will bring is more seating. From a player development standpoint it's not a rush.
As a former winnipeger I look forward to attending. U coming to outdoor game in Regina?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
No, I didn't go to the outdoor game in Winnipeg either. Too cold to be sitting/standing for that long.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No, I didn't go to the outdoor game in Winnipeg either. Too cold to be sitting/standing for that long.
It's October. Shouldn't be too bad. I'm going just to say I've been and that's a great venue.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
When is the next poll? I'm very much looking forward to voting Byram for the seventh time in a row :)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When is the next poll? I'm very much looking forward to voting Byram for the seventh time in a row :)
I haven’t had time to get to a desktop this weekend. Next poll will go up in the next couple of hours. We’ll get through at least six more picks before next weekend’s lull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad