F Yegor Sokolov (2020, 61st, OTT)

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The highlites are nice but any thoughts on his development? Is he going to get called up and stick?
As of his last stint in the NHL, his speed and on-ce awareness were both substandard. It is possible/likely that he's improved, at least a bit, on those fronts since then. He has a lot of good tools but I think he will need to play with more drive if he wants to stick.

Right now, he is in competition for call-ups with Greig, Crookshank, Jarventie, and to a lesser extent Daoust, Hawryluk, Sabourin, Reinhardt, and Lodin. I would guess he is 3rd in line, behind Greig and Crookshank... but if a right winger went down, that may tilt the scales his way.

So I cant really answer your question... he has a shot, and he will definitely get opportunity in the future, but its far from a lock that he will stick, imo. If he really wants, I am pretty sure he can carve out a solid NHL career... but it may take a few years and jersey changes to get there. On the other hand, he could get called up tomorrow, step in with physicality, dynamism, and structured play, and be a mainstay utility player for years to come.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The highlites are nice but any thoughts on his development? Is he going to get called up and stick?
They should call him up tbh. No one in the bottom 6 has been anything special outside of Pinto.

As of his last stint in the NHL, his speed and on-ce awareness were both substandard. It is possible/likely that he's improved, at least a bit, on those fronts since then. He has a lot of good tools but I think he will need to play with more drive if he wants to stick.

Right now, he is in competition for call-ups with Greig, Crookshank, Jarventie, and to a lesser extent Daoust, Hawryluk, Sabourin, Reinhardt, and Lodin. I would guess he is 3rd in line, behind Greig and Crookshank... but if a right winger went down, that may tilt the scales his way.

So I cant really answer your question... he has a shot, and he will definitely get opportunity in the future, but its far from a lock that he will stick, imo. If he really wants, I am pretty sure he can carve out a solid NHL career... but it may take a few years and jersey changes to get there. On the other hand, he could get called up tomorrow, step in with physicality, dynamism, and structured play, and be a mainstay utility player for years to come.
Sounds like he is definitely ahead of Crookshank. Crookshanks play away from the puck needs lots of work according to Mann.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He still looks a little choppy out there but I found his speed and especially his routes to be much better than previous NHL stints. Being a bad skater isn’t a death blow if you choose efficient routes, and his first few times in the NHL I found he was stopping hard and changing direction way too often. Looked to be improved in that front last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad