F Yegor Sidorov - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2023, 85th, ANA)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Who can tell me how legit this guy is?
I don’t even think our fan base expect much, if he makes it to the NHL that’s basically a win for us. He did look solid during prospect camp.

He’s gunna be 20 at end of chl season…. A lot of fun to watch, and seems to be a pretty likable player… I know most of us are hoping he’s just a bit of a late bloomer…. In his draft interview he said he thought we were going to draft him the previous year, so it’s a kid we’ve def had our eyes on.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
He looked good in camp. He's a sniper from the circle and uses his hands and feet really well to feint in order to open up defenders and get his shots through. If he can do the same things in the AHL next year that he's doing now, that would be great. But we're just trying not to get our hopes up with his junior production like we did with Sam Steel. Sidorov is probably a top 6 or bust player in the NHL, I don't think he'll have much of a chance converting to a bottom 6 role if he can't keep putting the points up at the professional level.

He's a fantastic kid though who loves hockey and has a great personality so I think everyone who knows about him really hopes he succeeds.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He looked good in camp. He's a sniper from the circle and uses his hands and feet really well to feint in order to open up defenders and get his shots through. If he can do the same things in the AHL next year that he's doing now, that would be great. But we're just trying not to get our hopes up with his junior production like we did with Sam Steel. Sidorov is probably a top 6 or bust player in the NHL, I don't think he'll have much of a chance converting to a bottom 6 role if he can't keep putting the points up at the professional level.

He's a fantastic kid though who loves hockey and has a great personality so I think everyone who knows about him really hopes he succeeds.

Exactly my feeling, defense is not his strong point. He doesn't have the draft pedigree or rope given to a 1st rounder, so it's top 6 or bust.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yeah, he’s 100% a top-6/bust guy.

He can score goals. His shot and sniping instincts are NHL caliber. Rest of his game isn’t nearly as developed.

You can envision an outcome where this player is ripping 30 goals as a top-6 winger/PP trigger guy or you could envision him being too one-dimensional to stick in the NHL and being a KHL guy.

How he adjusts to the AHL next year will probably tell us how the story will go. But he definitely has a skill that really pops.

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Absolutely elite-level scoring from a whl defensemen winger. Would be hard to ignore if he continues to do it at the AHL level.
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 9.44.55 PM.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad