F William Horcoff - Little Ceasers, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Son of long-time NHLer and Red Wings AGM Shawn Horcoff looks very promising as a potential NHL draft pick in the future. He, unlike his dad will likley represent USA internationally. We'll see how his hockey career unfolds!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Happy to see he’s an ‘07. At first I thought Shawn Horcoff’s kid was already draft eligible and I was about to feel old.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Was he born on the road or something? His dad is Canadian and still played for EDM when he was born.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It's only one game so it doesn't mean anything and I could be way off the mark, but he was the least impressive U17 in the game I saw this weekend. His skating is rough. Looked more like a kid who put up a ton of points in U14/15 because he was a January birthday who towered over the competition rather than him being all that talented. Hopefully I'm wrong but he looks more like the NHL legacy the NTDP always seems to give too much preferential treatment for a roster spot rather than a prospect of interest.

Reactions: BigHitter67

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a very good defensive forward with grit and obviously has the size. He can play center now and is also good on face-offs, but he might have to move off center because his skating isn't good.

His puck game is tough to read. He has the occasional skilled offensive play, but he can also look unskilled, depending on the shift. A real-wild card what his draft range will be like. On one hand, skating issues and questionable offensive game. On the other hand, very good defensive player, 6'3, son of an NHL AGM. I'd probably have him as a middle round pick.

Reactions: BigHitter67

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think he's that bad. Can't skate though. Might have trouble making the NHL with his skating, but should at least be a good NCAA forward and probably a pro somewhere. Has time also to improve his skating and his defensive play for a big forward is very good.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
I expect growth next year, but he has been super disappointing so far considering how elite he was in minor hockey
Was he really though? (Elite? )I mean he was 6’3 at 15 and born in first week of january . Those two things right there gives him a massive advantage early . Same with Morin . I’ve never seen Horcoff play but have Morin and latter was simply physically overpowering kids at 13 and 14.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
I’m getting old. I remember his father

It was god's year of twenty-ought-six, and the realm lay fertile with grinders and muckers. Thems were better times. Simpler, but harder. These bygone traces of history exist only in the dim and faint far reaches of the memories of the eldest of our own days. Some claim to recall a man by the name of Horcov, who came out of the eastern lands. He was said to have the eyes of two men, the smile of three, and the nose of none. Legend say he only had what he carried, but dug and tore and shredded so to build riches that many claim were not his to own, but overshadowed those of better men. What facts once were, we can no longer access, but prophecy speaks of a descendant, an heir. The learned say this is cannot be, for too much time has passed, but the hockey gods find a way. They always find a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad